Chapter 2

Sodapop's P.O.V.
I was awoken by Lillian tossing and turning in her sleep. After Mom and Dad died, Lily & Pony both moved into my room because they had nightmares so bad they'd wake up screaming and crying. They both still have nightmares occasionally, but not as bad as before.

"Hey," I shook Lillian "Lillie, wake up."

Lillian's eyes fluttered open, and she was still shivering.

"Bad dream?" I asked her.

She nodded. She looked like she was going to cry.

"Hey, it's okay," I hugged her. "You're alright."

"What's wrong?" Ponyboy mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Lillian had a nightmare, she's alright."

Pony sat up, wide-eyed. "It was about the socs wasn't it?"

Lillie nodded.

"They can't hurt you anymore," Ponyboy assured her.

Lillian laid back down, and Ponyboy and I followed suit.

Lillie laid on her back, staring at the ceiling. Her eyes are the same light blue-green color as Darry's. Pony always says their eyes look like ice, and that they make Darry look cold. People always assumed that she was Dally's kid sister, though, because they both have hair that's so blond it's almost white.

Other than his eye color, Darry looks just like Dad. He stands tall at 6'2 and is very muscular. He has dark hair and, unlike the other greasers, he keeps it short. He always complains about how he can't get the cowlick at the back of his head to stay down.

I have dark brown eyes like Dad, and dark golden blond hair like Mom. Everyone thinks I'm good-looking (or, as Ponyboy puts it, 'movie star handsome'), and I sure do appreciate it, but it gets annoying when girls follow me around.

Ponyboy looks like a combination of Mom & Dad, with light reddish-brown hair and greenish-grayish eyes.

I put my arm around Lillie and shut my eyes. Eventually, her breathing was slow and even, and knew she was asleep. Shortly after, Pony's breathing steadied as he fell asleep. I drifted off shortly after.