Chapter 1

~ First class plane ride from Madrid, Spain to California, U.S.~

Staring out of the window of a plane was an easy way to pass time on a long flight. And there was always a breathtaking site to see. While the music was sounding through his earphones, Santiago was doing just that. He was lost, staring at the beautiful clouds. He always said that it was the most beautiful thing to admire in this world.

"Helloo..?" Santiago's youngest brother Angelo was throwing things at him from his first class seat.

"Ow! What the-" Angelo finally hit him with a pencil right in the eye. He had a look of accomplishment for finally getting a good hit and then a look of fear. Santiago was staring at him like he was gonna kill him.

"Angelo what is wrong with you! Are you trying to make me blind!? I oughta k-"

"Please don't finish that sentence or I might have to give you a speech about being nicer to your brother." The boys' dad, Alvaro interrupted.

"Oh come on Pops let 'em finish, it'll be funny" Mickol the middle child smirked at his brothers and dad.

"Shut up Mickol!" they all said to him in unison.

~~~

* Malibu, California; Zuma Beach Area*

"Stupid exams. Stupid. Stupid. Just stupid."

"If you think the exams were stupid, then your probably the stupid one who failed them."

Tessarina gave her bestfriend a death stare. She had just finished doing her yearly exams for school, and she was always worried about failing them. Even though she usually did better than anyone else in her class.

"Mikahela please just drive me home!" Tessarina yelled at her bestfriend.

"Don't yell at me! It's not my fault you always freak out after exams!" Mikahela yelled right back at her.

"Hypocrite" Tessarina mumbled under her breath.

"Tessa! you rude bitch. I'm giving you a ride home! Hello? Could you be a little nicer?" Mikahela said to her in a sarcastic tone.

"Sure mom" she said in return just as sarcastically.

She was only being mean because she was so worried. Plus this was her bestfriend since like kindergarten. Over the years they new that no matter what terrible words they called each other they weren't offensive. No matter how serious the argument, they never meant the rude words they said to each other.

"Just get in the car Tessa" Mikahela pulled her car keys out of the bag and unlocked her BMW to get in.

"Love you Mika," Tessarina said to her with a kissy face directed towards her bestie.

"Yeah yeah." Mikahela said and rolled her eyes.

They drove down to the coast for awhile until they got to Tessarina's house. Their school was some way off the coast towards the mountains. While Tessarina's house was on the coast. Literally on the beach, Zuma Beach actually. Sometimes she wondered how she could ever survive away from the beach and the weather it brought and she scared herself. She couldn't stand to be away from home, and if she ever left home it was probably to end up at a different beach with the same environment and ambiance.

Basically she always needs to be near open water or she felt like she was gonna drown. Not literally of course. Tessarina could be one dramatic girl.

~~~

"Do you want something to drink Mika?"

"No thanks I'm good, I would love some munchies though" Mika answered her question with a megawatt smile.

"Of course you would, get 'em yourself" Tessarina said to her while walking out of the kitchen to her sun room.

Her sun room was her favorite place to go when she was agitated. And she still felt a little uneasy about her exams. So she grabbed a book walked through her bedroom and sat on the rocking chair in her sunroom. Although not completely at peace because she could still here Mikahela digging through her pantry, she felt better at home near the sound of beach waves.

~~~

3.5.15 //AUTHORS NOTE//

A picture of Tessarina's sunroom and rocking chair.

Yes this is a rewrite as I write the new chapters I will delete the old stuff. I will be adding the characters. And the character Michelle was changed to Tessarina. Yes.

About pronouncing the names in this chapter..

(silent h's)

Santiago (Sán/tee/ágoh)

Angelo (ánne/jeloh)

Alvaro (ál/vuh/roh)

Mickol (mee/kohl)

Tessarina (tess/uh/reenuh)

Mikahela (mee/kuh/éllá)