Chapter 7

CHP.7

Tessarina looked at her reflection in the mirror and a smile slowly creeped on her face. Mikahela had found the perfect dress for her at the way back of her closet. It was a casual fit and flare style dress, yet if she wore the right heels it would be just festive enough for a party. It was plum colored, and sleeveless. She decided to go light on the makeup, with neutral eyeshadow, pink lips, and some mascara to make her eyes pop. She finished her look off with her favorite pair of strappy, black heels. Just as she was finishing up, she heard someone knocking at the door.

"Tess open the door! I have to pee really bad!" Mikahela whined.

"Calm your tits I'm on my way!" Tessa walked to the front of her house and opened the door. "Oh My God Mika! You look fuçking hot!" Tessa stared with her mouth open. Mikahela wore a black long sleeve lace crop top with a matching lace mini skirt. Her mid-riff was showing a little but otherwise she looked classy. Plus delicate makeup, simple jewelry, and soft blonde curls. She look stunning.

"Thanks doll, you too. But I really have to go!" Mika pushed through her and hurried to the bathroom. And that's when Tessarina finally looked down at Mika's shoes, the tapping noise against the hard wood floor caught her attention.

"You have to be fuçking kidding me." Tessarina grumbled to herself.

~~~

"Mikahela take the goddamn shoes off before I cut them off!" Tessarina growled at her trying to yank of the strappy heels Mika was wearing.

"Never! You take yours off! They look better on me!" She yelled back at her and tried kicking her off.

The girls were currently in a catfight. Tessarina realized they'd been wearing the same exact pair of black strappy jimmy choos. Obviously they both refused to wear the same shoe to the same event, but neither of them would budge and just change shoes. They both insisted it was the perfect heel for their outfits.

"You said I looked hot! Why do I have to take them off? Plus you want to go to this party more than I do, I'm only going for you." Mika pointed out.

"Oh please, you know you love a good party! Mika just please take them off would you!?" Tessa finally resorted to begging.

"Can you please take yours off? Or else we're both going to end up looking dumb wearing the same shoes.." Mika tried reverse psychology on her to see if she would change her mind.

"I know you won't wear the same shoe as me to a party, your too-" Tessa was interrupted by her mother's voice.

"Tessarina and Mikahela! Come here!" She shouted towards them from the front of the
house.

"Coming Momma D!" Mikahela replied adding the nickname she had given her bestfriend's mom.

Tessarina went pale. "Shit!", the word was said under her breath but Mikahela heard it.

"What now Tessa? Why do you look like you just saw a ghost?"

"My mom's here.." Tessa stayed quite and didn't move a muscle, she seemed like she was deep in thought.

"Yeah I heard her.. Now let's go see what she wants weirdo." Mikahela stood up and tugged Tessa's arm towards the door, but she wouldn't budge.

"What's wrong with y-" Mika complained, but Tessa interrupted her.

"I forgot to tell my mom about the party."was all she said. And instantly Mika froze.

"You what!? She's gonna ask you a billion and one questions now! We're never gonna make it to the party! Ugh!" Mikahela was really frustrated now.

When it came to Greta Dominguez, a.k.a. Momma D, a.k.a Tessarina's mom it was hard to get permission to go anywhere. The girls always had a hard time convincing Greta to let them leave the house. And the strangest part of it all, was that Mikahela's own mother couldn't care less where she was and what she was doing. That's why over the years Mika had grown attached to Greta and they'd both learned to love and treat each other like mother and daughter. But jeez, could she be a frustrating woman.

"I think I have a plan. Let's just go out there and see what type of mood she's in." Tessarina finally said.

~~~

"Hi girls," Greta smiled at them, "I brought groceries and cookies." And then she put her hand on top of the cookies that Tessarina was about to reach for. "But before you eat anything, Why in the hell are you two yelling in my house!?" She yelled at them hypocritically.

"Can you not yell mom, please? We're arguing because we want to go to the party with the same pair of shoes." Tessarina rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Her newfound plan wasn't the greatest but she hoped it would work. She planned on talking to Greta like she already knew about the party. So that way when she asked what she was talking about, Tessarina could say that her mother had already gaven her permission and of course she had forgotten the conversation because she never listened.

"Excuse me?" Greta looked at the girls ridiculously.

Mikahela caught on, "I know, I know Momma D. It sounds dumb, but shoes complete the entire outfit. They're argument worthy."

"Stop talking about the shoes for five seconds please? What do you mean party? What party?" Greta Dominguez was a woman not to be messed with, and at the moment it showed on her face.

Mikahela looked at Tessarina and her mom worriedly. Almost as if she was saying, 'please believe the plan!'

"Mom don't you remember? I told you about the party last week, right when you were watching your novella?" Tessarina said to her mother with a hopeful look.

"Don't try to make me seem like a distracted mother Tessarina Dominguez! Tengo una vida! But half of it revolves around you." Both the girls knew that when Greta started to speak Spanish she was not joking anymore.

"Mom don't start, I know you have a life, I never said you were a distracted mother.." Tessa said sounding exasperated.

"Ok then. Now tell me what party? Who's party? Will there be an adult? Where is this party being held? Why do you want to go to this party?"

Mikahela could only stand there and roll her eyes at her bestfriend.

"Did you see the new neighbors who moved in?" Tessa started.

"Ooh yes the hunky dad and cute sons. Yeah I definitely saw them." Greta was sporting googly eyes.

"Gross mom. Gross. Well anyways one of the boys, Santiago? He invited me to his party. Not sure about adults, and I have the address that I can give to you. But all I know is that it's a few miles away."

"Hmm.. Well, I see you thought about the questions ahead of time." Greta contemplated

"So Momma D, can we go?" Mika finally spoke up.

"Be back by 2 am and leave now before I change my mind." Surprising the girls she barely gave them a hassle.

They grabbed their purses tossed in the essentials, ran out the door, and sped out the drive way to the party, seriously praying that Greta wouldn't change her mind. Their shoe indifference long forgotten.

As they reached the top of the mountain where the party was going on, a smile slowly creeped on Tessarina's face.

A/N (4-17-15; 1250 words)

Really Late Update.. I do what I want. Hope you enjoyed(: