Chapter 9

Curious eyes look around the large pond. Bakugou had no idea where Midoriya could even be at. There weren’t a ton of places to hang out but there are more than enough places for Midoriya to be hiding. There are most likely places Bakugou may overlook. Bakugou walks around, he looks up in the trees (Midoriya could enjoy climbing trees), checks benches and picnic tables, and makes sure to pay close attention to places where he thinks Midoriya might be at. It takes Bakugou nearly four minutes until he finally spots Midoriya.

The green-haired boy sat up against a tree that was filled with vibrant green leaves that swayed with the breeze. Bakugou smiles a little when he spots the other boy. He definitely could have missed Midoriya if he weren’t for seeing his school bag laying on the ground next to the base of the large tree. Midoriya’s school bag is an eyesore next to the tree. It’s this pale blue with random shapes all over it. In all honesty it kind of looked like a nerd bag. Bakugou grins as he walks over to where Midoriya was sitting.

An angle, that’s what Midoriya looks like. His freckles stuck out far more outside than they do inside. Don’t even get Bakugou started on how relaxed he looks. He was far too perfect for Bakugou. The blonde can’t believe that Midoriya ever talked to him in the first place.

With a deep breath the blonde walks over to Midoriya with hesitant steps. He feels a bit too awkward but he just needs to deal with it right now. He knows damn well that he is going to be extremely embarrassed when asking Midoriya out. Bakugou readies himself for the onslaught of embarrassment that he is about to face. Bakugou steps closer to Midoriya and begins to play with his fingers. Playing with his fingers has always helped him calm down in stressful situations. Anxiety sure is fun, note the sarcasm.

“Uh,” Bakugou mumbles in a quiet voice. He doesn’t want to sound so weak so he stands up straighter hoping to come off more confident. Midoirya looks over at Bakugou and smiles a little. It helps calm the blonde's nerves just a little.

“Hey,” Midoriya’s words are also quiet but much louder than Bakugou’s. He then looks back out at the pond that was only a few feet away from him. Bakugou takes a deep breath hoping to calm down his racing heart. Who knew talking with another person could make his heart beat so wildly? Bakugou sits down beside Midoriya with stiff slow movements. It was obvious that Bakugou had something to say so Midoriya gave him all of his attention.

“Hey,” Bakugou pauses for a moment. “Midoriya,” he gives a small smile.

“What brings you here?” Midoriya asks, trying not to come off rude nor too curious. He was happy that Bakugou had come to see him. It made his heart squeeze when he saw Bakugou come up to him and sit down. Midoriya is curious as to why Bakugou had come to talk to him.

“Oh, you know. Just looking at the...water?” Bakugou feels utterly dumb as soon as he says that.  “What about you?” he continued on. He tries to ignore the sentence that he had prior to this one. Why’d he have to be so awkward? Bakugou had to admit that this was one of the most embarrassing things to say around Midoriya. He wonders why Midoriya makes him feel this way.

Midoriya laughs. “I always come here to clear my head,”he enjoyed the silence from time to time. Bakugou has no idea how to even approach this conversation so he takes yet another deep breath in hope that it helps him somehow, it doesn’t. How do you even ask someone out after rejecting them?

“Cool,” Bakugou says before finally getting enough courage to approach the conversation that he needs to have with Midoriya. “So…” his voice trails off.

“Hmm?” Midoriya hums while looking at Bakugou with a slight tilt of his head and looking at the blonde with curious eyes. What could Bakugou possibly want?

“Do you want to go out on a date with me!” Bakugou suddenly shouts without thinking it through. He needs to get it off of his chest right now.

Midoriya stares at Bakugou with wide eyes before speaking up. “Uh, but you said no when I asked you?” He’s a little confused on why Bakugou had said no to him.

“I panicked...sorry,” Bakugou mutters, not used to saying sorry to anyone. He feels stupid but at least it’s off of his chest and not eating him up on the inside. Way to go at embarrassing himself in front of his crush. Just before Bakugou could go on a tangent about how wrong he was for rejecting Midoriya the green-haired boy speaks up. Bakugou instantly shuts up so that Midoriya can speak his mind about the whole situation.

“I would love to,” Midoriya mumbles, smiling over at Bakugou. This has got to be the best day of his life. Or maybe the second best day? Buying that AllMight figuring was a pretty good day. Midoriya is a huge nerd when it comes to comic book heroes.

“Oh thank fuck,” Bakugou lets out a sigh of relife. His heart is beating far too fast to be considered normal. In all honesty Bakugou probably wouldn't leave his room for weeks if Midoriya had said no.

“I can already tell that Mina is going to be a handful, am I right?”

“Yup, she’s the one who actually helped me come here,” Bakugou confesses with a small smile on his face. Mina has always been the kind of girl you go to when you need help with something. She practically knew all of the answers to the universe. Mina also enjoys helping her friends and others out.

“I’m going to need to thank her then,”
Midoriya grins while looking over at Bakugou. He feels giddy from just being able to sit next to Bakugou.

Bakugou groans. “Please don’t, she is going to be way too happy for me to even handle,” he says before scoffing.

“Mina being happy is for the best,” Midoriya laughs. Mina can be very scary at times. He still remembers the time that she had dyed Kirishima’s hair bright purple all because he had broken one of her favorite mugs. Of course Kirishima rocked the hair color but the first week of having it he cried saying that he felt like a grape. Sero was the one who called him grape first .

Making Mina angry is just asking for a death wish so bakugou refrained from doing so. He never dared even try making her angry.

“True,” Bakugou snorted before an idea popped into his head. “Hey Midoriya?” he asks.

Midoriya looks over at the blonde smiling. “What’s up?” he asks. Bakugou smiles before leaning closer towards Midoriya, he gives the side of Midoriya’s cheek a small quick peck. The green-haired boy’s face goes bright red.

"Thanks for agreeing to go out on a date with me," Bakugou says with a small nervous smile on his face. He is so glad that he manned up enough to come out and ask Midoriya out for himself.

Midoriya can't help but feel like the luckiest man in the world right now. "It's my pleasure," he says with a huge smile on his face.