Chapter 9

Hazel POV:

..................................

Everywhere started to darken like the world...

I don't know what to say, what word- I don't know how to express myself.

I started running to the taxi, uh seriously the guy isn't there! I quickly find a taxi and after 15 minutes I arrive home. This road was never-ending!! It took me years to return home. Right, when I was opening the door -wait a minute what am I even doing? I start walking towards the lake near our house.

"Inhaling in, exhaling out..."

My mind is too busy to think, I sit on a bench and dive into deep thoughts.

"Hi there!"..... "Umm hello? It's 8:00 pm, are you still planning to sit?".............. "Umm, are you alive?"

"Oh my! Hi! Sorry I didn't even realize your existence, sorry about that... Uhh, what time is it?" I said. "It's 8:00 pm," the young boy said. "What?? 8 pm? That's -impossible, I was here at 12 something, and now it's 8? No way, " I said in a worried tone. "Calm down! You came at 12 but you were in deep thoughts, and you slept like 4 hours, so I was wondering if anything happened, by the way, I'm John," he said. I took a deep breath and said "Oh, ok thank you, I'm Hazel, nice to meet you." "Hazel? Hmm," he said looking at me in confusion and weirdly.

Umm ok, I quickly check my phone and wow -67 missed calls from mother. I quickly run home and arrive in 11 minutes. I slowly open the door, stack my shoes, and run upstairs to my room. "Hazel? Where were you till this time? What's going on with you these days? Why didn't you call me back???" She scolded me.

Hmm, what's going on with me these days right? Wow -wow....wow....wow, what else can it be?? I looked at my mom, tears started to roll off my cheeks. "....," I didn't say anything, I slammed the folder on the table and went to my room.

I locked myself into the room. "Hazel, can we please talk?" My mother said. I did not respond at all. "Ok when you're ready come downstairs," she said. Uh. I lay down on my bed, my mind is too busy. I really need to go and talk with her. I stand up in front of the window, staring at the rain droplets falling to earth -

After a few minutes more, I head downstairs, I sit down without looking at my mother's face. "Why did you lie to me from the beginning? Why didn't you tell me? Am I not your daughter?" I asked. "Hazel, look, please don't do this, don't upset me, " she said. "Hah! Make you upset? How about me? Isn't there a possibility of me being upset, since my mother has cancer???" I said. "Sorry Hazel, but sometimes we as humans need to hide things just for people's good. I knew that if I told you, you would be upset. I didn't want to make you upset Hazel," she responded. "Come on, I'm your daughter, we need to share things and help each other. We need to know each other's problems, isn't that being a family?" I said. "Look if it was me I would have told you, but I couldn't...."

"What do you mean if it was you? Can you please be clear?" I said. "Don't indulge in those topics Hazel," she responded. "Oh really? Ok, your choice," I said walking to my room. "Hazel!! Stop doing this. It's none of your business!!! OK??" She shouted. I looked at her and nodded. "None of my business huh? Nice, I only have you... you only have me.. and you still decide not to share? Fine sure," I said walking to my room.

"I didn't want you to be upset Hazel, please understand me." She said. I continue walking to stop hearing this nonsense.

"Adopted"

I turned back to her "What? Adopted? Did you just say adopted? What's adopted? Me? Can you be a little more clear?" I said.

"Hazel I'm sorry," she said.

That's all she said!!!! I start running to my room, I'm so confused. I'm adopted? Tears started to burst out, I couldn't control myself.

A broken heart is all that's left

I'm still fixing all the cracks

Lost a couple of pieces when

I carried it, carried it, carried it home

I'm afraid of all I am (oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)

My mind feels like a foreign land (oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)

Silence ringing inside my head (oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)

Please, carry me, carry me, carry me home

I've spent all of the love I saved

We were always a losing game

Small-town boy in a big arcade

I got addicted to a losing game

Oh, oh-oh-oh-oh

Oh, oh-oh-oh, oh

All I know, all I know

Loving you is a losing game..........

>_<

Arcade.....

Hey guys!! How you guys liking it so far??? Please don't forget to comment and vote!!😊💖💙🖤❤❤