Welcome home

"Go home and rest Misa."

I turned my attention to Kakashi, "Hm? What about Naruto?"

He waved me off, "Yamato and I can handle it. Just go get some sleep."

I honestly was thinking about going to see a certain someone soon. So I just agreed and took off towards my destination.

~

I sighed as I stood in front of her door. What was I gonna say to her? Was this a dumb idea? I ran my hand down my face and groaned. Why was this so hard?

Before I could react; the door opened.

"Oh. Misa. Hello."

I bowed, "Kurenai. I'm sorry to stop by out of the blue."

She smiled, "It's okay. Would you like to come in?"

She stepped aside and I thanked her as I walked in past her.

I sat on her couch and she stood across the table in front of me, "Would you like some tea?"

I shook my head, "No, thank you though."

She nodded and sat in the chair behind her, "So what brings you here?"

I cleared my throat, "I'm sorry I didn't come by sooner. After they told me about Asuma; I kind of got lost in myself," I began to fidget with my fingers, "I'm still struggling honestly, but I wanted to come see how you were doing."

She just sat there quietly. Staring past me at the wall.
It was painful to see.

"Kurenai I-."

"I'm pregnant."

I gasped and my eyes stretched so wide it almost hurt, "Really?"

She began to cry and rub her belly, "I'm not too far along, but yes."

I felt tears slowly streaking down my face. I stood up and walked over to her, "Congratulations Kurenai," I bent down and wrapped my arms around her.

She leaned into my embrace, "Thank you Misa. There's something I wanted to ask you by the way."

I stood up straight and wiped my eyes, "Of course what is it?"

"Will you be the godmother?"

My heart lurched, "Godmother? Me?," I walked back over to where I was sitting and plopped down onto the cushion.

She gave me a small nod, "Asuma trusted you with his life. He loved you more than anyone else in Konoha. So who else would I trust with our child?"

I began to ugly cry.

I rapidly nodded my head, "I'll do my best. Thank you Kurenai."

~

After spending an hour or so with Kurenai; I finally decided to head home. I was in desperate need of a bath and sleep.

And of course I was hoping to find a note or see Jiraiya there.

I walked inside and did a quick search around my house.

No sign of a note or a hot man.

I sighed, "Can't really blame him. I didn't leave a note either."

I took a quick shower. The hot water felt like heaven; but my bed was calling my name.
I wrapped my towel around me and stepped into my bedroom.

I froze as soon as I stepped in. I walked in on Jiraiya pulling his last article of clothing off.

I whistled, "Now this is what I wanna come home to after every mission."

Jiraiya frowned, "Awh, I was gonna join you in the shower."