Chapter 2: The Fallen Angel

EDITED: JULY 22, 2023

keys:

(n/n) = nickname

You were happy to see a close friend again after these ten long years. After all, you'd known him the longest. You had grown to miss his company, especially after spending most of the years alone.

You loosely wrapped your arms around Meliodas as he tackled you in a bear hug. "Have you really missed me that much?" you asked with a smirk. Meliodas looked up at you, smiling more when the two of you made eye contact. He could hardly believe how beautiful you looked in the sunlight. "How'd you find me (n/n)?" he asked. You gave him a closed eyed smile and quietly sighed. "it was easy, all I did was follow your magic. Besides, I've heard the tales of the famous travelling tavern" you said.

Meliodas's 7 heart's sped up a little more. 'She came to find me? I knew it! She likes me better then all those other pests, but, I mean, how could she not? We are made for each other!' Meliodas thought to himself.

"Hey (n/n)?" he asked after a moment of silence. You simply hummed in reply, showing that you were listening. "As much as I'd like to stay outside with you, how about we go inside? There's somethings we need to talk about" Meliodas said. You nodded in reply, standing up, letting go of the demon as you did so.

Meliodas pouted at your sudden movement but quickly replaced it with a smile. You put your hand out in front of Meliodas to help him up, which he took to help steady himself. "Now there's something you need to know" Meliodas said with his hands behind his head. You looked at him and sighed. "it's her, isn't it?" you winced. Meliodas sighed and nodded sadly. You nodded, moving your gaze to the ground.

Meliodas put a hand on your shoulder and smiled. "Everything's going to be okay this time. Just follow my lead" he said. You looked at your old friend and nodded.

Meliodas removed his hand and opened up the tavern door. When he walked in he saw Elizabeth and Hawk looking at him. He smiled and waved at the two of them. "Hey you two! There's someone I want you to meet!" he said.

"So you're one of the sins, lady?" Hawks asked. Meliodas hit the pig on the head as you chuckled at the pigs question. "Not technically. I just worked along side them" you explained. Elizabeth stood up and looked at the girl. "I remember my father talking about you lady (y/n)! He called you the most beautiful woman in all of Liones!" the princess said. You blushed at her comment but laughed it off. Meliodas and Elizabeth looked at you and blushed. 'cute'  they both thought. "It's true though, (y/n) would fight with us from time to time" Meliodas said with a small smile as he looked at you. Elizabeth looked at you, blushing as her stomach twisted into a knot.

"Lady (y/n)?" the princess asked. You looked at her with a "hmm?" in reply. "Would you please join us to find the Seven Deadly Sins to help defeat the holy knights?" Elizabeth asked with her hands to her heart. You gave Elizabeth a closed eyed smile and nodded. "that's what I'm here for is it not?" you asked. Elizabeth blushed more and nodded. "Thank you lady (y/n)!" Elizabeth exclaimed, looking at the ground out of nervousness.

You opened your eyes and stared at the princess with a bitter sweet smile that Meliodas noticed instantly. 'It's good to see you again your highness, even though you don't recognize me' you thought. You quickly shook your head and replaced your sad smile with a more positive one.

You looked at Meliodas with a smile as he looked at you with a small blush. "Meliodas, I take it you already know where at least one of the sins are?" you asked. Meliodas grinned and nodded. "We've heard rumors about the forest of white dreams, but we aren't sure if a sin is hiding there or not" he said. You sighed and nodded. "Diane's there, I can sense her. Though there are hide-n-seeks in that forest. As for your question about who that voice was 10 years ago, I'm afraid I know nothing about it" you said, pintching the bridge of your nose.

Elizabeth looked at you with a confused look while Meliodas looked at you shocked. "I forgot you could do that (n/n)" he quietly said while rubbing the back of his neck. You looked at him and winked. "I'm going to go sit outside for a minute, see ya" you said, giving him a small salute with your fingers. Before leaving the tavern, you glanced at Elizabeth. For a second, you hoped there'd be at least a little recognition in her eyes.

There was nothing.

You sighed as you closed the door, leaning your back against the wall of the tavern and sliding down, sitting on the cold wood steps. You closed your eyes as you ran your fingers through your hair. after a moment you opened your eyes, looking at the now more awake sky. "I promise you lady Elizabeth, I'll find a way to set you free"

"After all," you sighed. "That was my promise to her."

Sin Secret!:

Meliodas was glaring at Elizabeth when he noticed she was blushing while looking at (y/n)!

Another chapter yay! The sins yandere tendencies has already kicked in since they already know (y/n), Elizabeth will take a little longer go realize!

Edit: I completely forgot that I was gonna edit this story whoops. Anyway hii! I have a few fanfics in the works about 7ds. The most likely one to be published may or may not be about the youngest son of the demon king, so all you Zeldris lovers be on the look out for it!
If I ever take to long to edit a chapter on this story feel free to yell at me in the comments lmao.