chapter twenty-two

recovery

ethans pov:
i drove home as fast as i could and ran to the passenger side. picking up skyler who was still out cold i ran inside the house and brought her to my room. by now all the anger left my mind and all i could think about was taking care of her.

laying her on my bed, i ran around the house getting water, towels, medicine, and an aid kit for her.
there was blood seeping through her shirt, from one of the kicks opening up an old wound. i didn't want to wake her because she's weak but i need to lift her shirt to clean her wounds.

skylers pov:
complete darkness.
my thoughts woke up before my eyes.
i don't know what happened.
last thing i remember, my dad completely gave up on me and was gonna let me get raped.
did i get raped???
even worse... ethan was there

i wonder if he saw me get raped or got out soon enough. he would look at me so differently now. i've ruined his hopes for a perfect girlfriend.... could i ever even be his girlfriend? no it's too late i messed it up. would i even want to be his girlfriend? of course.. in a happy life.

once i finally found the strength to open my eyes, i regretted it right away because a bright light shown in my eyes. covering my eyes, i looked to see i was in a dark room. the light that was shining in my eyes was just a lamp on the night stand next to me. my hands suddenly felt warm and i saw a big figure sitting next to me

ethans pov:
my mind was full. i couldn't stop thinking about her. i don't know what will happen but i'm never letting her go back to that place again.
as i was sitting next to her i felt her moving around but her eyes were still closed. then i looked down and tried to warm up her cool hand by holding it.

skylers pov:
i recognized the figure as ethan and sat up immediately. forgetting about the wounds, i sat up to quick and it felt like i had been stabbed in my stomach. groaning in clutching my i fell back down onto the bed.

"hey are you okay?" the soothing voice took over my mind.
~ "what time is it" i groaned
"you just woke up from passing out and you care about the time?" he chuckled. i sat back up slower this time with the help of ethan supporting my back.

~ "...what happened" i didn't want to look at him, no matter how much he saw i was embarrassed. i told him not to move but i didn't want him to see or listen.
"um you told me to stay in your closet and i did until those disgusting bastards tried to touch you."
his fists started to clench so i put my hand over his and he started to relax.
~ "next?" my throat croaked

"i beat the crap out of them and got you out of there"
i didn't say anything, i mean what is there to say?
"skyler" he lifted my head to look at him
"you will never have to go back there again. i'll make sure of it."
tears started slipping from my eyes
~ "b-but they're my parents" i choked

"you know that's not how parents are supposed to act. this is your home too, you can stay here. frankly i want you too, not just because you need somewhere besides that ratchet place to stay"
i shook my head as my tears fell
"my mom will gladly accept you, she loves you, i can't let you go back there so please stay with me"

scared of my voice cracking i just hugged him and dug my face into his chest. holding me tightly he rubbed my back and next thing i know, i was back to sleep.

authors note: i'm sorry for basically being mia.
i got broken up with and literally have no motivation for anything L.O.L😃

i know it's annoying but please stay with me,
i'm trying my best 😫

anywayssssss i hope you are all doing good

peace and love mates 💘