Chapter Three

Cleo

We'd been walking for a couple hours now, leaving the city far behind us. Trading buildings for trees as we wander through a forest.

There was a hidden cabin in these woods, I desperately wanted to get too but Caleb didn't want to show Landon our hiding spot, even if we had others.

The male wolf continued to follow us.

We'd tried to lose him, but he easily kept up with us. Eventually we'd given up on losing him realizing he could follow my scent anyways.

Now Caleb's hoping Landon eventually gives up and goes home.

I can feel the Alpha's determination in my chest. He wasn't going to give up.

'I like that he is still here, I hope he never leaves." River has been extremely talkative since being marked by our mate.

She is happy that the spell protecting us is gone. Instead we have a 6'5'', 240 pounds of pure muscle male, who is much bigger in wolf form, to protect us. That and I can shift again.

'Let's just go back to the cabin I'm tired and cold.' I try to convince my brother for the 300th time. 'I want to run.' River adds.

I shiver in the night sky. The only clothes I had on was my brothers t-shirt with my bra and underwear underneath.

'No we are not showing him our hiding spot.' My brothers grumpy voice filters back through my mind.

I sigh. Following my brothers random path through the trees. Getting more and more exhausted as we walk.

After everything that's happened in the last few hours I'm ready to curl up into a ball and sleep on the grass.

'Let's just sleep under the stars. I'm too tired too keep walking.' As if to prove my point, I trip over a tree root poking out of the ground and start falling backwards to the ground.

I don't hit the ground though. Two strong arms scoop my body against a hard chest. One arm wrapped under my legs, the other behind my back.

The smell of hickory and pine twisting with wolf floats to my nose along with a deep voice running through my mind. 'I've got you.'

Landon...

I twist my head up, looking up at the male. His wolves black eyes are searching my body and face. Worry etched in every line of his face.

Once his wolf is sure I'm alright his eyes switch back to his humans stormy grey eyes. A small smile playing at the corner of his lips as his gaze meets mine.

"I know your tired. You can sleep in my arms." He tells me, his voice deep. There's a lure to it that pulls me in.

Leaning my head against his chest I fall asleep to the rhythm of his heart beat.

✨✨✨

Caleb

I let out a frustrated sigh as I continue my random path through the trees. I wanted to go rest as much as Cleo but I didn't trust that wolf.

I stop when I notice I don't hear Landon's footsteps behind me. Turning as I cross my arms to glare at the wolf. "Why are you stopping?" I ask him.

"I'm taking her somewhere to sleep. We can't keep walking all night because your too stubborn to show some trust."

"Your not taking my sister anywhere." I growl at him, pissed off yet again that I can't shift. My hands clench into fists.

"Listen I'm tired and not in the mood to discuss this, you can either follow me or you can stand there and be mad." Landon says with a growl than turns and starts marching off into the other direction.