Chapter Eighteen

Landon

Cleo and I are up before the sun starts to rise, quietly getting ready for the long trip to the tiger kingdom.

Once we're both showered and dress I lead my mate out the door. Solis growls in my mind, unhappy our female is coming with us. But she'd agreed she'd stay hidden.

I just hoped she actually would.

Johnny, Jackson, Tanner, Grayson, Garret and Caleb are waiting outside for us. With about 50 of my warriors behind them.

I signal for everyone to load up, soon all of us are piled into 10 SUV's and on our way to the tiger kingdom.

✨✨✨

It takes us almost six hours to drive all the way there. We meet King Taylor and the men he had vetted at the border.

Everyone piles out of the SUV's. Caleb, Garret, Cleo, and King Taylor huddle in a small group as we coordinate who's going where.

We split into three groups, King Taylor leads one, I'm leading one, and Caleb leads the third one. I make sure Cleo sticks close to me as our groups split up, heading to our chosen locations.

'Shift.' I order the men with me and my mate. 'You must move as quietly as possible.' I add, everyone strips out of their clothes, shifting into their animal skin.

Solis looks out over the wolfs and cats, and the one bear that would be fighting with him.

I take of in the lead of the group, making sure to set a pace my female can keep up with. Her agile body doesn't show any signs of exhaustion even with her slightly swollen belly.

The entire group moves quietly through the trees. Even the large bear lumbering at the back of the pack. Everyone's searching for any scent that could lead us to the rogues and their prisoner, as we near the area the tiger king had circled.

Solis nose picks up a floral scent. I stop turning to catch Garret's attention. 'Everyone stop, Garret is this her scent?'

Garret lumbers through the wolves and tigers ahead of him, his nose to the ground searching for the scent I'd picked up.

I can tell when he catches it as his eyes slowly close, enjoying the scent. 'It's her.' He confirms my suspicions.

The large animal takes off, following the scents path.

Sure enough it leads us to the clearing King Taylor had been telling me about. An old barn from before the meteor, is barely standing. The roof looks like it'll cave in at any moment.

'She's in there.' Garret starts to push forward but Solis jumps in front of him. 'Don't be stupid, we don't know who they have with them.'

Garrets bear growls lowly at me, but steps back.

'I found them.' I call out to Caleb and Taylor.

'We'll be there right away.'

'Same with us.'

The two other leaders respond right away.

I turn back to Garret. 'Everyone will be here soon and King Taylor has some witches and warlocks with him, once they are here we'll go in.'