Chapter Fourteen

Landon

"WHERE IS SHE?" I scream at Johnny.

Johnny bows his head to side, baring his neck in submission to me.

"I'm sorry Alpha. Talia told me to get water for the two of them. When I came back they were both gone and there were darts filled with silver."

I take off towards the training rings. I'll track my female. 'We will find her.' Solis assures me.

Johnny shifts behind me, sticking as close to me as he can.

'How did Talia not sense them coming. She's our best trained female?' I question Johnny.

'I think she may have been in on it, all of the darts are in a cluster where the Luna was standing. I saw none where Talia was."

I let out a frustrated growl as I run. 'I thought we found all the traitors.'

'There could be more.' As much as I hated to admit it, Johnny was right.

I don't stop until I reach the training grounds. I jump into the training ring I'd dropped Cleo off at earlier.

I pick up her scent easily, the smell of coconut tickling my nose. I follow it out of the ring, the trail leading me into the forest. 'Tanner, Jackson, and Grayson to my side now.' I push the alpha command into every syllable.

'Yes Alpha.' All three reply instantly.

Johnny's close behind me as I follow my mates scent. It doesn't take long for Tanner, Jackson, and Grayson to fall into step behind my beta.

We're headed for the west border and I start to worry when Cleo's scent disappears into the river.

Did they drown her?

'No I still feel her through the mate bond. They hid her scent.' Solis reassures me.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

I won't be able to rely on scent from here on out. Now that Solis has pointed it out, I can feel the mate bond, pulling me in the direction of my mate.

'Find her Solice.' I urge my wolf as our group dashes off through the forest.

✨✨✨

I watch from the bush as the five of us survey the compound my uncle had constructed.

I could smell Cleo from here, the smell of her blood burning my nostrils.

Turning to my men. 'Suggestions?' I keep to mind-link so the animals in the compound can't hear us.

Johnny's voice floats through my mind. 'What if some of us were to pretend we are on your uncles side?'

Solis shakes his head at the back of my mind, my wolf not liking that idea.

'What if they find out that your not actually?'

I watch as Johnny cocks his head to the side, deep in thought.

'I'll do it, I'm pretty sure Talia has been trying to recruit me.' Grayson pauses. 'I wish I'd realized at the time that her words had meaning to them.'