Chapter Nine

Cleo

It's been two days since Landon announced me as the new Luna and the fight broke out.

A long two days.

Zeus had managed to escape with a couple of his men, word of his defeat spread like wildfire and alphas of all the pack kingdoms showed up at our door to show their support for the new Royal Alpha of the Wolf kingdom.

I had been worried one of the alphas would dislike that now I became Royal Luna, and I wasn't even a wolf. But none did, everyone was incredibly nice.

Thanks to my shifter blood it doesn't take my leg long to heal, so I'm back up and about already.

Landon had told me he was putting me into training. Since Zeus is still out there he's worried he'll still try to come after me with the few remaining men loyal to him,

While Caleb has trained me in human form, i hadn't had much time to train in fox form.

I was surprised to find out he wasn't the one training me, but after watching Solis fight I also felt relief.

Instead I got a female warrior, their best female warrior, Talia.

I sigh as I walk back into my new home, I can smell something good wafting from the kitchen.

I follow the scent to see my mate standing in front of the stove, stirring something.

Hearing my steps he turns and smiles at me.

He drops the spoon and walks over to me.

I let out another tired sigh as I lean my head against his chest, enjoying the warmth from his arms wrapped right around me.

"Smells delicious." I tell him, tilting my face up to his.

I watch as he smiles before kissing me.  He growls as he pulls away. "So do you."

I blush as I look down at the ground remembering are morning sex in bed and in the shower after.

"Your so cute when you blush." Landon says as he smacks my ass and walks away.

"So I was wondering if I could go shopping with Laura tomorrow before training?" I'm nervous asking him.

Landon had become extremely protective since I'd gotten injured so I was a little nervous asking him. Even tho Laura had been adamant that I had power over her Royal Alpha.

I don't believe her.

Landon lets out a long sigh. "Why do you need to go shopping? He asks.

"Well I need a few more clothes, all I have is what Laura gave me, and you keep tearing them up so I'm running out of clothes."

Landon lets out another sigh. "I would much rather you don't. My uncle is still out there."

River growls in my mind, angry her mate was being over protective. 'Does he think I can't protect us.'

I cross my arms "What if I say I'm not taking no for an answer. I've been training and I'm sure some of the warriors would come with us."