XVI | Be There - Epilogue

THE ILLUSIONIST WOMAN

sixteen. Be There

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE DECISION WAS MADE. Logan was leaving. He stood over the table while Professor Xavier showed him exactly where he needed to go. All he had to do now was to pack up whatever was left of his things and go.

"There's an abandoned military compound at Alkali Lake in the Canadian Rockies, close to where we found you. There's not much left, but you might find some answers." Charles glanced at Logan meaningfully from where he sat, hands pistoled underneath his chin.

From his point of view, Logan looked torn. Stuck between wanting to go to find out more and deciding to stay. He didn't want to look through his mind to see the cause of his apprehension and hesitation, but he also knew Logan wouldn't be very forthcoming with the answer himself.

"Thank you," He answered instead.

"Are you going to say good-bye to them?"

Logan stood up straight and slid a hand over his bearded face in exasperation. There he was again. Torn on a decision.

Narrowing his eyes slightly, Professor Xavier leant back with wisdom filled ease. "May I offer some advice?" Warily, Logan nodded once and despite his reluctance, he took that as his sign to go ahead. "There are people who are around for only a season and those who are meant to be around for a lifetime... I think you need to identify with yourself who exactly those people are and if you're are willing to let them."

The Professor left Logan alone with his thoughts. A stirring erupting in his stomach which wrought nothing but dread and anxiety. He glanced around the room austerity, wishing he didn't have to think like this or about this situation. He was between a rock and a hard place.

Tell her he was leaving or simply slip out the door without a trace.

Suddenly, Ximena's words about cowardice entered his mind and he often found when they did, he couldn't shake them. She was a hypnotist to her very center. Bewitched through and through.

He thought about her while he was packing his duffle bag. The sounds of the students laughing and talking to and fro of the halls filled the silence, but didn't sustain his loneliness. Logan honestly didn't know what'd she say if he asked her to come with him.

When he somewhat confessed his feelings for her in the lab, she was gobsmacked beyond words. Speechless. And in the heat of the moment, she changed the subject to looking over his injuries. Such a blow didn't deter him from what he felt but it damn well made him wary of saying anything else on the matter.