✔︎𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

Prologue

"Kanae-chan!" My feet stop on their own when I heard her sweet and soft voice. I take a deep breath before turning around in the direction where I heard her voice coming from.

My eyes widened when I saw Akane-san, waving with a sweet smile plastered on her face... My eyes moved to the boy she's with, his hair is the same as Akane-san, he looks just like her.

Looks like he's the same age as mine.

"Akane-san..." I call her name with my lower voice, before my brows furrowed when I saw the other boy she's with.

Black hair, he looks troublesome with his eyes and the way he looks. Akane-san walked to me while the boys she's with, followed her till she stopped in front of me.

"Seishu! This is Kanae Hikari, we look alike right?" She said to the boy she looks like, as she introduces me, she put her hand on my shoulders.

"Kanae-chan, this is my brother, Seishu." She introduces her brother, which made me astonished by how pretty he is.

Does God put all of his blessings into their genes?

He's pretty handsome, just like his sister. Both of them are incredibly pretty.

How those people can say or even uttered that I look like her?

"Seishu," My thoughts were cut by his voice. Eyes dropped on his hand waiting for mine to take for a handshake.

"Kanae," I uttered my name panicking, immediately took his hand and I didn't even notice that I'm not breathing until I choose to let go of his hand.

I looked away and hide my hand behind my back. What will Akane-san's will be going to think if she saw or they saw me getting flustered by just holding his hand? They can't blame me! He's a pretty guy and he's the prettiest one I have ever seen in these years of my existence.

I can feel my heart beating so fast, and hear how loud it was in my ears. When I touched his hand, there's something electric flowed in where we touched. Sending a shiver down my spine, I want to run away from here but my feet don't want to like they have their brain.

And I don't want them to think that I'm rude to leave them behind.

"Kokonoi Hajime." My eyes shifted back at them, eyes found his dark ones.

I pressed my lips, as he look at me pouting-no, it's more like a frown. This back haired one looks troublesome and I have a bad feeling about him.

"Kanae," I uttered, reach his hand, and shook it before I quickly let go of it.

"Let's go to the library!" Akane-san pulled my hand to them, while the cheer in my heart when I met her brother, changed into uneasiness.

I can't understand and maybe...It's just I'm still not used to how intimidating he looks at me or even his attitude towards me.

While Akane-san dragging me along with them, I took a glance at him. My eyes widened, didn't even expect that he'll be going to glance in my direction as well.

That eye contact made these feelings more complicated and worst.

°°°

That day...That's the day I regret meeting you. I should have headed straight back home and prayed to God that I will never meet someone like you in my life.

"Why did you call me, Hajime?" I asked, just got out of the room after he asked me to in the middle of my class.

As soon as I step out, I already knew, and I don't want to go to him. I don't want to see him anymore.

"Kanae," He called, I look at him without any emotion.

I hated when he look at me like this, I wanted to hit him till he has fallen to the ground. I'll never like the way you stare at me, your black colored eyes are making me feel anxious.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again, he step towards me.

"Kanae, do you still like Inui?" He asked, touched my cheeks, looking at me sincerely like he's looking right at my soul.

"I don't," I answered, I can feel his thumb brushing on my cheeks. A ghost soft smile crept to his lips.

I clenched my fists, this...This will be the right answer and nothing more. I don't want him to look stupid and me as well. We're freaking playing each other feelings around.

"I love him, Hajime." He stopped from moving like he's processing my answer.

You shouldn't have to, because, in the beginning, you already knew how I like Seishu.

I removed his hand away from me.

"Don't ever question me about this, 'cause you know the answer. I love him that I will do anything for his happiness. Take in your mind that I am not Akane-san, Hajime." That's the last word I muttered before I choose to turn my back on him and walk back into my room.

I put my hand on my chest, I can hear it. Beating rapidly making me take a deep breath.

My heart is breaking that he sees me that I am Akane-san, even I wanted them to see me as Kanae Hikari.

I wish...It was me who just died and not be left here alone where all of the people you loved and cherished sees me as you, Akane-san.

I slowly hating you for making him end up like this.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━━━━━┅━━━┅