Chapter 1, The Assignment

Hope you enjoy 🙂

"Y/n it is time to wake up!" You open your eyes to see your friend and the cook of the castle, Puffy, in your room. "Is it really 8 already?" You ask, you had stayed up till 1 am last night so you were pretty tired. "Well if you don't want breakfast then you can continue sleeping." She said, I instantly got up. Puffy's food was the best, excpecially her pastries. She laughed at me as we walked to the kitchen.

"So did you hear about what Quakity and his gang has been doing?" Puffy asked. Quakity, Foolish, and Slimecicle were always getting in trouble with my father. You'd think they wouldn't want to upset the king, but you'd be wrong. They were always playing pranks on the townspeople,  however they never caused actual harm.  I sighed, "Who did they terrorize this time?" I said. "They egged the bakery." Puffy said. Creative, you thought. You finally made it to the kitchen and instantly tried to grab the muffins. "You always eat the muffins, you know that can't be good for you." Puffy said though it seemed that she was joking. "Well its not my fault they are SO good." You say, Puffy was about to respond when one of the maids came in.

"Princess y/n your father wants you in the throne room." She says, you just sigh. "Looks like I won't be able to eat that muffin." You say, Puffy laughs at you. You walk to the throne room trying to figure out why your father wants you, after all you were not the heir but just the spare. Ussually your father didn't care what you did as long as you presented yourself well to the public.

You enter the throne room to see your brother already there. "You called me father." You say while bowing, even though you were his daughter you still had to respect his authority. "Yes I did, we have been invited to a ball in the SkyHaven Kingdom tomorrow." He said, I was surprised. The SkyHaven Kingdom was basically our worst enemy. So much so that I had never even met the king or the prince. I had met two of the kings sons but that was because they had started their own kingdom, there was also another son that was adopted but I never met him either.

"As you know we aren't exactly fond of the SkyHaven Kingdom, in fact I am surprised they invited us at all." Your father said. "Maybe they are trying to lull us into a false sense of security, attack when they think we are vulnerable." My brother said, he never gave anyone the benefit of the doubt. "Or they are extending a hand of peace." I said, my brother look at me in doubt. "It does not matter their motivations." My father said. "If they want to invite us into their kingdom that is their problem." He said it with a small smirk. "What are you saying father?" I asked, "Well I am simply saying that we should take advantage of this opportunity and find anything we can use against them." He responded. "Surly they won't leave us unsupervised." My brother said. "They won't leave us unsupervised Lucas, but they will leave your sister."

Everything all the sudden made sense to me. "You want me to snoop around their castle." You said. "Correct, search their rooms for anything important and report it back to me." He said. "But that's so... disrespectful." I said. "Don't forget why we hate them in the first place. Remember what they did to your mother." You froze. Your father had told you that the SkyHaven Kingdom had been the ones to kill your mother, however you didn't really believe it. Your mothers body had been found in your kingdom so that would mean that SkyHaven soldiers had snuck into your kingdom and you just didn't find that likely. You never openly disagreed with him though because you wanted to avoid a fight. "Alright whats the plan?" You asked.

Word count: 686
I hope someone reads this because I did try. 🙂