Chapter 10, Beautiful Chaos

Wow I am making a bad habit of not uploading. I know it has been months but I am back from the dead again for hopefully the last time. You are still in the same outfit as last time, which is up above if you need a refresher. Enjoy the chapter!

The ride in the carriage with Tubbo to the SkyHaven Kingdom was actually pretty nice. I got to learn a little about him and how he wished he could see his family more often. Speaking of his family, let's just say it got a little chaotic when we got to the castle. Tubbo requested to see King Philza immediately and so we were taken to the throne room. We were told to wait for Philza to arrive and that he would be there shortly.

"How long do you think it will take your father to assemble his armies and attack?" Tubbo asked me.

"Not long." Is all I could say back. Just then Philza walked in, followed quickly by Techno. 

"Tubbo, Y/n, I didn't know that you two knew each other. What is the meaning of this unexpected visit?" He asked us.

I hesitated for just a second but then I told them everything I knew. "King Philza my father, Roy is planning to attack your kingdom."

"That's impossible," Philza said, "Roy,  and the Machiavellian Kingdom for that matter, are on good terms with us. Plus he knows we out number him, he would never dream of attacking us."

"You don't understand," I said, "My father has always despised you and you kingdom, ever since the day my mother died."

"Why?" Technoblade asked. This was the first thing he had said anything since the conversation started. I looked at him and I could tell he was on edge. I knew that, even though he didn't want to, he believed me. I guess I did accomplish my task after all, the Blood God trusted me.

"Because he believes that you guys killed my mother." I said. Everyone in the room seemed to freeze. It was as if there was some spell on everyone in the room that forced them to be still and silent. And no one dared break that spell.

"What would possibly lead to him thinking something so absurd?" Tubbo asked. For a moment I had forgotten that he was in the room. It seemed that he had been the first to recover from the shock. 

"I don't quite know." I said. "All my father has ever told me is that he found evidence that SkyHaven soldiers were there that night, and that he was sure that they were the ones who killed my mother."

"Roy never even talked to me about it." Philza said in a quiet voice. "Is that why he avoided me for all those years? I assumed he was dealing with his grief and was adjusting to ruling a kingdom alone, but I never thought that it was this." I just nodded along as he talked. It seemed as if everything was finally making sense to him.

"Wait a minute," that was Techno's voice again, "If Roy truly hates us then why has he been sending his daughter to our kingdom?"

This was the question I was dreading. Everyone turned to me for an answer. I looked at Tubbo, then Philza, and finally Techno. I knew that whatever trust of his I had gained, it was about to be destroyed. "Because... for the last several months my father had ordered me to spy on you."

Word Count: 579

Whoa so that is a lot of plot just dumped on you. Again I apologize for be gone so long. I just really lost my motivation and I didn't really have time to write. I hope all of you guys have a wonderful day/night and I hope to post again soon. 😊