Chapter 3, The Prince

Before I start the chapter I just want to say thank you to @gremlinontheweekdays for being the first person to comment and actually reading this story. Thank you! Now back to the story.

I hadn't even taken two steps toward the desk when a monotone voice said, "What do you think you are doing?" I froze. There were three things going through my brain at that point. One, I had gotten caught, two I needed to think of an excuse, and three I had been caught by TECHNOBLADE. I was inwardly panicking but I kept my cool and turned around. That was a mistake. Techno had his netherite axe drawn and was staring at me with questioning but threatening eyes.

"I was bored of the ball so I decided to slip out and find the library to read." You said, and technically you weren't lying. You had been bored of the ball and you had slipped out to read, just you were going to read legal documents not books. Technoblade lowered his wepons a little but it seemed he was still on guard. "Why were you walking to the desk over there?" He asked. "Well I was curious, and I figured I'd clean up the paper mess for whoever left it there." You responded. Again this wasn't necessarily a lie.

At this point he completely lowered his wepon and instead of looking threatening, he looked curious. "What were you gonna read." He asked. This caught me a little off guard. I mean Technoblade, the BLOOD GOD, asked what I was going to read. "Uhh I was gonna read... Greek mythology. " Now this was 100% true. I absolutely loved Greek myths. "I suggest looking at that section then." He said pointing to a bookcase. I looked at it and saw that it was full of Greek myths. For a brief second I forgot why I was really there and was swept away by all the reading I could do. Back home we only had the most famous myths but this library had everything. I instantly searched the shelf for whatever titles I found interesting. Technoblade laughed. "Do you not have a library in your castle?" He asked. I wasn't really listening so I just said, "Heh." As you see I am VERY good at conversations.

"You are the princess of the Machiavellian Kingdom right?" He asked. "Oh yeah..." I said he had reminded me of what I was actually here to do. I kinda didn't care though. I didn't want to spy on the SkyHaven Kingdom in the first place, plus I had already been caught. Combine that with the fact that I had so many books in front of me means that I had pretty much given up on my assignment. 

"We don't have many books in our library since that type of knowledge has never been my fathers top priority." I said answering his previous question. "Have any suggestions?" I asked. I quess I still hadn't comprehended that I was talking to the supposed enemy. "Have you read the Story of Theseus?" He asked. "Thats actually one of the few I have read, in fact its one of my favorite stories." I said. "Me too." Technoblade said.

He gave me another suggestion, this one being the Story of Athens. I hadn't read this one so I grabbed it and started reading. Technoblade was just kinda standing there. "Well are you gonna read or not?" I asked. "I've already read all the books in the library." He said. This agian surprised, you wouldn't think that some one who is associated with blood and death would like to read. "You can always read the same story again. After all if you read a story multiple times then you discover something new about it each time." I said. Techno sort of nodded his head and then went over and grabbed the Story of Theseus. I smiled and kept reading.

Eventually I finished the book and was about to get another one when Techno said, "We should probably get back to the ball, it should be finishing up anytime now." I just sighed. I had been keeping track of time and I knew that we needed to get back, but I didn't want to. I was actually having FUN talking to Techno and reading the books. "Is there a way that I could... take some of theses books?" I asked, I didn't even know if that was allowed. "You can take one." He said. I did a little twirl and took the Odyssey. Techno smiled and led me back to the ball room.

As soon as we entered Techno's dad, Philza, was waiting for us. "Where have you been son?" He asked almost in a teasing tone. "Reading." Techno said kinda mimicking his fathers tone. That's when Philza noticed me. "Why hello princess Y/n, sorry I didn't notice you before." Philza said. "Its alright, nice to meet you king Philza." I said while bowing a little. "Please just call me Philza. I assume you have already met my son." He said. "Yes, we had quite the chat in the library." I said. Philza looked at his son, I can't quite describe the look he gave him but it seemed like it was a teasing one. Techno just sighed and shook his head. I was about to say something when my father found me. "There you are y/n I was looking all over for you." He said, he noticed Techno and Phil and gave me a questioning look. I just shook my head.

"Well its time for us to go, I heard that Quakity and the gang are causing trouble agian." I smiled and laughed. "Did they egg the bakery agian?" I asked. "Probably." He responded. "Sounds like you two have some trouble to deal with. It was nice seeing you again old friend." Philza said, my father just nodded. "Oh Techno when can I return this book to you?" I asked. "Just keep it I have another." He said. I smiled and said thank you. We then found my brother and said goodbye to everyone else. My father keep glaring at the book in my hand and I knew that the ride back to our kingdom was gonna be even more insufferable than the ride here.

Word count: 1051.
This was one of my favorite chapters to write and I really like it. Again thank you to @gremlinontheweekdays and everyone else who has read this story. 🙂