The Proposal

Victoria Anderson-Menendez

For the past weeks, Spencer has been acting weird. He's been cancelling dates, coming home later than usual, and he would say that he's on a case, but I would go to his job to visit Penelope and I would see the team there and they'd say they're not working on a case.

Is he cheating on me?

Oh, god.

I don't even want to think about that possibility.

"Ms. Andersen, are you okay? You kinda stopped teaching and stared off into space." One of my students said that brought me back to reality.

"I'm sorry, I just have something on my mind. Okay let's continue, where was I." I said as I picked up where I left off.

***

As I got home, I started dinner. I started making just for myself because Spencer hasn't been home to eat with me, so there would be a lot of leftovers. I didn't dare to text or call him asking if he's gonna be home since the way he's been acting towards me, like I don't even exist.

Is this the end of our road?

As I set the table and place my dinner on a plate and sat down, I hear the front door open and close.

"Vic, baby I'm home!" Spencer shouted throughout the apartment. I pretended I didn't hear him and just continue eating.

He sees me eating and kisses my cheek.

Wonder why he's so happy.

"Dinner looks good." He said, making his way into the kitchen, but notices there's none for him.

He makes his way back to me and asks, "where's my dinner?"

I just looked at him and eat my food.

"What's wrong?" He asked, kneeling in front of me. I push my chair back and head to the kitchen to put my plate in the sink and wash it.

"I didn't cook any dinner for you since you haven't been home lately." I said to him and I heard him sigh. He comes behind me and places his arms around my waist. I take in his scent and I smell another woman's perfume on him. I turned around and pushed him off of me and walked away.

"What's up with you?"

"What's up with me? What's up with you?! You haven't been home lately. You don't tell me where you're going or when you're coming home and you haven't been honest with me. You tell me you're on a case, but Penelope tells me that you guys haven't had cases in a while." I yelled at him and he stayed quiet.

"I'm gonna ask you one thing, and if you lie, I'm walking out." I said to him and he stayed silent.

"Are you cheating on me?" I asked with tears clouding my eyes. He shook his head and I closed my eyes and felt the tears stream down my cheek.

"No. Vic, baby I swear." He said walking up to me, but I walked past him, into the bedroom and started packing up my clothes.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving." I told him as I place my clothes in a dufflebag. But as I'm doing that, he's tossing my clothes out the bag.

"No, please don't. I'm not cheating on you."

"Oh yea? Then why the fuck do I smell another woman's perfume on your shirt." I yelled at him. He walks up to me and I stood back, but he grabs my waist so I don't move away from him.

"Give me a chance to explain." He said to me as he caresses my face. I nodded my head and he guides me out the bedroom.

"I'm gonna take you somewhere." He said as he grabs the keys.

"Where?" I asked.

"You'll see." He replied as we left the apartment and head to the car.

***

"What are we doing at Rossi's house?" I asked Spencer, as we both got out the car. He didn't say anything, he just grabbed my hand and guided me in the house and I see his team there.

"Hey Vic." Penelope said as she walks up and hugs me. I pulled away and see the whole team smiling at me.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at them confused.

They didn't say anything to me. Spencer, then, guided me out back and I see this white wooden arch at the end of the yard and we stand under it.

 Spencer, then, guided me out back and I see this white wooden arch at the end of the yard and we stand under it

Spencer faces me and holds both of my hands.

"First off, I apologize for the way I've been acting towards you. You didn't deserve any of that abandonment. Secondly, no I'm not cheating on you. I've been planning something for months on end, making sure everything is perfect. I wasn't gonna actually do this for another week, but you needed an explanation and I guess tonight will be the night." He said and paused to take a breath before picking up where he left off.

"I was at a dark place when we first met, but you made me see the light at the end of my tunnel. It was so hard to reach at first, but you guided me to it. When I laid my eyes on you that day in the hallway at the school, something in me said to not let you pass by like a breeze that comes and goes. You were going to be someone to see the purpose in my life, and you did. I'm so glad to have you in life my Vic. You helped me through a lot and I cherish every single waking moment I have with you." He said as I begin to cry.

"You listen to my problems, to my rambling about random facts whether you asked about it or not. You made me feel more confident about myself and reminded me that I am a smart man that shouldn't be afraid of expressing it and don't let other people bring me down if my brain intimidates them. You're such a beautiful woman, that still till this day I ask myself how I got so lucky to be with someone like you. I love you everyday I wake up and fall asleep and I will love you till I take my last breath. And for that to happen.." He said as he kneels down on one knee and I cover my mouth with my hand.

"I would have to make you my wife. So Victoria Menendez, will you do me the honor of becoming Mrs. Spencer Reid?" He asked me.

"Oh my god, YES! I'll marry you." I replied to me and he jumped up and screamed yes.

"SHE SAID YES!" He shouted to his team and they all cheered for us from inside the house.

He places the ring on my finger and kisses me.

"I love you, Victoria Menendez." He said to me and I smiled, looking at him.

"And I love you, Spencer Reid." I said as I kissed him.