Visiting The Family

Victoria Andersen

It's been several weeks since Spencer and I kissed and since then we've been on four dates and some hang outs between my place and his. We're not official yet, we haven't put a label on us, but we act like we're a couple.

I guess since we both share the same 'dating' background, we're still a bit afraid to make our friendship into a relationship even though we're very comfortable with and around each other.

We just don't want to jeopardize what we have going right now. I still haven't told him about my past and my parents or my brothers. There are times when we're together that I just wanna blurt it out, but I'm scared on his reaction.

It's a big deal and a serious conversation to even have, that I don't want him to judge me about it. Since he practically puts away killers for a living, I don't want him to think that I'm gonna turn out like my brothers in the future.

Right now, I'm heading to the prison to visit my brothers. I took time off from teaching to visit them, I usually visit them every 6 months or so and more times during school breaks. I didn't really tell Spencer where I was going, I just told him that I was heading out of town for a week.

I sat down at one of the tables in the visitation area and waited for the guards to get my brothers. As the guards come in, I see my brothers right behind them. I smiled as they see me and waved. I got up and hugged them. You usually not supposed to have physical contact with an inmate, but I guess you can say my brothers have privilages.

"I miss you." I said as I hug Erik tight. And then I moved onto Lyle and then we all sat down.

"How are you sis?" Lyle asked me.

"I'm doing good, you know just busy working, teaching kids." I said to the both of them.

"That's good, what do you teach again?" Erik asked.

"Psychology and Sociology." I said.

"What made you study that in college?" Lyle said.

"Uhm.." I couldn't get it out of me to tell them the reason why I studied Psychology because the main reason is them and I don't want to ruin the mood or our day together, but Erik got the hint.

"It was about us, isn't it? You wanted to know why we did what we did." He answered and I nodded and put my head down.

"Look, todays about us and I don't wanna spoil it for you guys." I said to the both of them and reached out my hand to theirs.

"We understand Vic."

"This doesn't mean that I don't love you guys any less. I forgave you both a long time ago, and that's saying a lot because not everyone is forgiving about what happened." I told them and they nodded.

"We love you Vicky so much, and we're sorry that you had to grow up without anyone. But look at you, you did good for yourself and we're proud on your success." Erik said to me and held my hand and gave it a squeeze and I began to cry.

"You're making me emotional." I said and we all laughed as I wiped away my tears.

"Have you visited mom and dad?" Erik asked me and I shook my head no.

"I never did, not once. I'm afraid to because I feel like they're gonna disapprove of me and my decision of seeing you both." I spoke truthfully.

"I think you should go see them, it would be nice for them to see a fresh new face. Besides whoever visits them you know." I nodded, understanding where he's coming from.