Fights 2

Liam's POV:
I made it to the hospital and I felt sort of sick. I needed Theo, and all the fighting was making me sick to my stomach.

I just wanted to apologize and get this over with so we could be happy again.

I walked into the building and found Melissa at the front desk.

"Ahh, Liam! I have a note for you!" She said with a large smile.

"Okay." I said with a small laugh at her reaction.

She handed me an envelope with a red ribbon around it.

I scoffed at Theo's ridiculous wrapping. He couldn't even close the envelope.

I unwrapped it and read it...

"Dear Li,
        Sorry, the hospital is packed and I couldn't quite make the exact area it all started a good place for us to talk. So, if your still here and want to talk, I'm kn the roof. I'm waiting for you, love. I'm so sorry. I'm going to make this all up to you, baby.
   Love, T"

A few tears slipped down my face as I made my way to the elevator. I already get flashbacks to the times we fought together when I ride this elevator. It's everything. He's everything. I can't lose him.

I made it to the roof and pushed the door open. I saw a rose petal that lead to a trail of them around the large electrical box. I saw two lawn chairs sat beside each other in a loop of petals with a box full of goodies sat under one. They were faced away from me and I saw Theo sat in one.

His head was in his hands and I could hear his heavy breathing. I walked up behind him, my heart shattered at the sight of him.

I softly placed my hand on his broad shoulder.

His head shot up, and I could see his fragile features. His nose and eyes were red and puffy. His eyes were glassy with tears and my lip was shaky.

"Li?" He asked quietly as he stood up.

He walked around the chair and scooped me up into his arms. I fell into him as we both broke into tears.

"I-I'm so so sorry, Liam." He cried.

"I-it's okay, bubba." I whispered.

"It's not okay, I've been a terrible husband. You deserve so much better than me and I'll never forgive myself." He said, his voice cracking.

"No! I need you Theo. I need you more than anything else. I love you more than the world and life itself. You are my world and I can't live without you." I cried.

Theo squeezed me tighter and shoved his face into my chest, lifting me off the ground a bit.

"So... will you talk things out with me?" He asked.

"I will." I smiled as he let go of me.

He grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the seats.

He sat down in his as I sat in mine.

"I got you some stuff." He laughed out a little nervous.

"Thank you." I laughed.

I felt far away from him, so I scooted my chair closer to his.

"So.. you quit your job?" I asked.

"Yeah... I hated it anyways. I just wanted to have enough money for you... I- I wanted to be enough for you." He said.

I grabbed his hand and started to rub his knuckles like I knew he loved.

"Bubba, it's okay. I never cared about money. All I cared about was keeping you safe and happy. Why didn't you tell me you hated it?" I asked.

"Because, I didn't know if I could get another one. I'm not exactly a perfect fit for anything." He said.

"Your a perfect for for me, love. That's all that matters." I said kissing his hand.

"I'm sorry. I should have thought about how it was affecting you." He said.

"Yeah, you should've. But, its okay now. All that matters, is that you changed it now. I'm okay, your okay, we are okay." I smiled.

"But, are you okay? I mean, how did I make you feel? I need to know so I never make you feel that way again." He said.

"Well... I- I was afraid. I was sad. I felt lonely." I said.

"Afraid?" He asked.

"I-I... I was afraid because..... half the time, I thought you weren't going to come back." I said, looking down.

"What? Is that really how I made you feel?" He asked grabbing my hands now.

"Well, yeah. I know it's stupid but it's just what my mind went to a lot." I said.

"Baby, I am so sorry. I promise you, I could never, ever leave you. Even if I wanted to. I need you more than you know. Your the only thing I care about and I did a terrible job of making you know that. I'm never going to leave like that again. Okay?" He said.

I smiled.

"Okay." I said.

He pulled me into a slow and loving kiss. It was the only thing we needed right now. It didn't last long but it was enough to close all the gaps and fix all that was broken.

He was tired and so was I. It was close to midnight and we were on the roof of a hospital.

"You sleepy, Love?" I asked.

"Yeah, tonight has been a very stressful, destructive night." He said.

"Yeah, let's get home." I said.

We got home and Theo said he was going to find a better job tomorrow. He said we would look together so that it would be okay with me.

We fell asleep easy that night. I was happy and so was he. I could tell our talk helped him understand how he needed to change and it made me happy that he was so willing to change.

I love him more than my own life and I need him to know that as long as he's with me, I am okay.