III

───── ❝ chapter three ❞ ─────

nahyun

"what am i going to do with her sunoo? being in this situation is way more complicated than i thought it would be." i said before letting out a groan while eating coffee crumble ice cream.

"i already felt like she's the "clingy" type of friend of yours based on the way she kept staring at anyone who dares to speak or make eye contact with you at the café." he says before laughing which made me gasp.

"wait ... really?" i asked since i was way too excited with the thought of eunjin interacting with other people that time which is probably why i didn't notice any of those staring." i said as he laughs and pointed towards the pint of ice cream which was his other way of asking me if i wanted to add more for my bowl.

"no thanks, i'm actually pretty full now." i said which earned a pleading look from sunoo.

i already knew what he wanted through his eyes and his eyes only and it made me laugh so hard.

"yah!! did you know that my mom literally went all coockoo with me before she left last night because she thought that i had a parasite living inside my stomach after finding out how much 'i' have been eating these days??" i confessed which made sunoo glare at me before crossing his arms towards his chest.

"how is that even my fault?" he asked in an annoyed tone which made me roll my eyes to match his annoyance towards me right now.

"because it just is and you've got to accept the truth that you're the one that eats way more than i do." i said which made him gasp.

"yah!! did you know that your best friend literally told me that you never mentioned anything about me this morning? i don't think she caught on with my embarrassment but yeah!! i literally embarrassed myself infront of her all because i thought you cared about me enough that i already assumed that you have talked about me to your other friends." sunoo says which made my face sadden.

dang i didn't think he'd uno reverse this through guilt tripping.

awe man now i feel really bad.

"sunoo ... i do care about you so so much but the thing is-"

"what was that?" i asked with a slightly worried look on my face after hearing a loud thud somewhere which made me wander around my house.

"it was probably just nothing, you're literally with me so there's no need to be afraid of things like those." he says which made me smile and laugh.

"i texted jake to buy us some facial masks to cool ourselves off by the way." he says making me go in awe.

"so you're basically inviting me to-"

"hey sorry if i took a bit longer than expected to come here." jake says as he walked towards me and sunoo and placed the paper bag with the expected facial masks.

"i bought some chips too considering how it was sunoo that asked me to buy something and i wouldn't dare to come inside someone else's house empty handed." jake says which resulted to me grabbing the bag fast because of my eagerness to check out the bags of chips that he bought for us.

it's a great time to "cool off" with the two of them i guess ... to be honest i'm still really unsure with what i'm gonna do with eunjin soon but oh well, distractions are always here and there so i'll just go with the flow and hope for the best right after.

"hey jake? i don't think it's advisable for you to keep wearing your leather jacket cuz right now you seem to be having such a different vibe compared to the two of us." i told him which made him check himself out before giggling and taking off his leather jacket.

"yah, your entire body literally reeks of alcohol don't you dare sit beside me." sunoo says making jake smirk and sit beside me instead which meant i'm the patty of this hamburger that we created.

"kim sunoo, what were you expecting me to reek of other than alcohol? i'm literally a bartender for fuck's sake." jake says which made me turn to sunoo since his reactions always say it all.

"i- whatever, i am not gonna keep entertaining someone like you when i can keep myself entertained with crispy babies." sunoo says before munching on the chips which made me smile.

"soooo who wants to be in charge of what we're going to be watching for the whole night?" i asked as jake took the remote as expected which made me both intrigued and terrified with what he's about to play because it could only go either way.

"this movie was recommended to me by a coworker, he said that i'd be the type to enjoy watching movies like this." he says in a really seductive way which actually sent shivers on my spine.

"the title is literally 'secret obsession' jaeyun sim!!" i couldn't help but yell after the movie just started since i can already feel the explicit scenes coming through from this movie while unbothered sunoo's heading towards the kitchen for drinks i guess.

"this better not be straight up nsfw or else i won't even bother watching." i said before shooting him with a glare.

"oh come on you haven't even seen the movie yet, it's not JUST nsfw scenes." he says which made me hit his shoulder as he starts laughing really hard.

"give me a break nahyun i've been getting yelled at nonstop and no not the good yells this time." jake added before leaning his back towards my couch which turned my face sour real quick.

i don't know if my assumptions judging by what said just now were right but ewwww, i didn't need to know that jake.