XXIII

───── ❝ chapter twenty three ❞ ─────

───── chapter twenty three ─────

nahyun

"i just got to know about everything that you said to jaeri during the time all of us had lunch together." i told eunjin right after she finished eating right infront of me.

"hmmm? what did i say? i'll tell you if i actually said what she told you in case she tries setting me up as the 'bad friend'." she boldly says which made me let out a disappointed sigh.

"and why would you thinking jaeri would set you up as the 'bad friend'?" i asked as she rolls her eyes.

"ummm because she and her other friends are jealous of me? i can see it all in their eyes you know? they're all jealous with the fact that i get to have a spotlight of my own when it comes to you." she says which made my eyebrows furrow.

oh my god what was she even talking about-

"they're not jealous of your non-existent spotlight just because you're one of the people that knows me more than anyone." i said before letting out a sigh.

"i'm gonna have to change the topic because what we had just talked about was so unnecessary so, how are things for you at the uni?" i asked her as i'm taking bite off of my cake with its little poking thingies as she shrugs.

"the same as usual i guess ... honestly i've been pretty lonely most of the time since you stopped calling or even texting to ask me how i am as much as before." she says which made me stop and face her because other than her, i also have lots of things to say.

"okay first of all, communicating their best friend two times a day to ask how they are should never ever be an obligation just because the other one said so ..."

"and second, i already told you that i haven't been able to communicate to you as much as before because i have some of my own things to do and if i don't tell you about them, it means that they've got nothing to do with you." i added which made her keep staring at me without saying anything.

damn that actually felt really good ...

like really really good.

i can't believe jay was right.

but then again, jay is usually always right so \_(^v^)_/

i guess making her know her pace is the best option for this one ...

"by the way, i don't care if you like my friends or not but if you're not going to apologize to jaeri or any of my friends right now for what you said to them during lunch, i will have no choice but to stop talking to you." i said which made her eyes widen.