LXXII

───── ❝ chapter seventy two ❞ ─────

───── chapter seventy two ─────

jake

"hey buddyyy, why do you look so down?" ni-ki asked as the both of us are playing soccer here in our backyard.

"it's just me overthinking about a lot of ummm ... things that happened while i was working." i said as he went in awe.

"care to tell me about it? i tell you tons of things so you better tell me about this one." he says which made me let out a hum.

"i will but will you promise to tell me what's happening between you and eunjin? while the two of you kept having your own world, we wouldn't stop talking about how you guys would end up as!!" i said before laughing which made him go in awe.

"really? what was your conclusion?" he asked which made me smirk before shrugging.

"not telling after you tell me about you and eunjin." i said as a form of a tease which made him let out an annoyed groan.

"fineeee!! but just like what i said earlier, you need to tell me what happened at the club." he says as i nodded and smiled at him before i decided to sit down which made ni-ki follow.

since i only had a couple of minutes before going home, i'm gonna have to make sure to ask changbin about yoonji's response because i just can't help but get so bothered by the cliffhanger earlier.

"oh hey jake!!" changbin says all happy while looking smug again which made my brows furrow out of confusion.

didn't he look like he just got rejected earlier?

"i think yoonji's finally going to give me a second chance!!" changbin says which made me look at him with a shocked face since it didn't seem like that's exactly what happened awhile ago.

"dream on changbin, she's probably just going to show up to tell you that she doesn't want to see you anymore for the nth time already ... the both of us already know what she's like." seungmin says before laughing which made changbin look at him with a grumpy expression.

"why'd you look so shocked by the way? did you think that she was going to say no?" he asked which i did not expect since i thought that i was subtle with my really shocked response from earlier making me purse my lips together.

"she talked to you about me right? aren't you two close friends or something?" he asked as seungmin faces me with an  'i'm curious about what you're gonna say next so you better tell us now because i'm really really curious right now' look.