Ready

China 

I was in the kitchen washing dishes when I heard my daddy walk in.

"Hey sweetie." My father said. He was a handsome man. He had caramel skin, deep brown eyes, and slim tall muscular build.

"Hey daddy what's up?" I asked him. Usually he's here but lately he hasn't been. I guess he had a day off.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to talk to you for a second." He said looking off towards the wall.

"Okay..." I said kind of confused as to what he wanted to talk to me about.

"Well, I'm going on another business trip." He said.

That wasn't even surprised anymore. He is always gone anyways.

"Why?" I asked getting irritated as he kept going on and on about what he was going to do.

"Huh?" He replied to me.

"Why do always leave me and mom? It seems like you don't even want to be here anymore." I said finally getting all that off my chest. 

He's been doing this for a little over a year now.

*Flashback*

"Alright I'll be there in a few hours. Ok, see you soon." I heard my father whispering on the phone in his office.

I was a little suspicious as to who he was talking to and what he was talking about. 

I must've scared him because he jumped a little when he saw me.

"What are you doing?" He asked me

"Nothing, where are you going?" I asked him.

"Oh um, on a business trip," He said trying to be confident in that lie.

This was the first time he did this so in my head I was thinking, since when do you go on business trips. You been working at the same job since I was little girl. This didnt add up.

"Oh ok." I told him holding my tongue. Trying to stay in child's place.

"Alright baby girl, let me go talk to your mother about it." He said before kissing my forehead 

Just a few minutes after he went upstairs. I heard my mother silently yelling at him about it. 

He was trying to calm her down and trying to assure her nothing was going on. Moments later I heard not a sound and he was coming down stairs with his bags and headed to the airport.

He said his goodbyes and ran along.

Back then I didnt think much of it. But now I do.

*Flashback Over*

"Well, who else is going to pay the bills around here?" He said getting defensive and raising his voice slightly

"Daddy why are you getting all defensive? All I did was ask you a question." I said raising up my eyebrows.

Nobody gets defensve when somebody asks them a simple question unless they doing some they aint got no business.

"You need to stay in a child's place is what you need to do. " He said while standing up.

I got up too. "All I want to know is what is so important that you cant even spend time with me and mom at least two times a week. You either always at work or always on a 'business trip'.