Chapter 34 - Guilt

ANDREW'S POV

I arrived at home seeing Alex talking someone in her phone. She just acknowledged me by giving me a brief nod. I did the same too.

I was changing my clothes when my phone vibrated and saw a message from Clark.

I don't know how she got my number, but after that little incident, she suddenly texted me.

From: Clark

Outside your house.

I can't understand her message, so I hurried down and saw Alex in the same position but reading now.

She asked where I'm going. I told her I'm gonne be outside, which basically is the truth.

Clark was outside, chewing gum. She had her earphones on and took it off when she saw me. She beamed at me.

"Hey," I said.

Clark and I were, um, friends? I guess. But acquaintance is more appropriate.

We don't really talk, we just nod at each other at school. I guess it's awkward after that incident.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I sat at the side of the street, the concrete part. She copied me.

"Happened to pass by here, so I thought of seeing you," she said, popping the gum.

How did she know my father's house? Long story.

"I never thought you're that thoughtful," I said sarcastically which made her giggled.

I don't know but being with Clark is wrong, plainly wrong. It is wrong in every single way. I think I am doing this because I am a man, and she is a woman.

I sighed. I think talking tonight won't hurt.
We talked for a few times when suddenly I heard a noise from the inside. I then saw a figure walking back inside our house. Clark noticed it too.

"Who was that? She seemed familiar," she commented.

I froze. Nobody knew about me and Alex being siblings. Not specially Clark. I knew their history, and it was bullshit.

"Just my sister," I blurted.

"You have a sister? I didn't know that," she said.

"Yeah. Um, I think it's getting dark, you should, you know, go home," I said slowly, not wanting to offend her.

She looked disappointed. "Oh, um, yeah. Bye Andrew, thanks for the chat." She said and waved goodbye.

I immediately went inside the house. Did Alex saw me with Clark? I don't want her to misinterpret things.

I saw her in the kitchen drinking water. She seemed... exhausted? I don't know what's the right word to describe her.

"Alex?" I called.

She didn't even flinch. She just turned around said, "There's food in the fridge, if ever your hungry."

She walked slowly with her hair covering her face.

"Alex, please talk to me," I begged.

She faced me and stared at me. She tried to smile. "About what?"

"I know you saw me a-and Clark. Please, please don't be m-mad," sweat started to pour down.

"Mad? Me? Why?" She pretended to wonder.

"Um, because of your past, and-"

She chuckled. "An-Kyle, that was before. And I don't give a shit about who you hooked up with,"

"Hooked up? No, no, we're just friends," I lied.

"Whatever," she said and stormed past me towards her room.

I sighed. I feel guilty. She is my sister, amd I know what happened between her and Clark.

I was stupid, but I think it's too late to realize that I was.