Chapter 30 - Meet Again

ALEX'S POV

"Nurse, Mr. Thermopolis?" I asked the nurse almost growling.

Ella called me and told me my dad is in the hospital. I don't know why. I need to see him now.

"Third floor ma'am, room 309." The nurse said.

I heard Anthony said 'thanks' for me since I already ran away and went straight for the elevator. Anthony catched up.

"Hey, it's okay. Calm down." Anthony said as the elevator's doors closed.

I was crying. I am worried. I feel guilty now for leaving them. But I can't think of that now.

We reached the floor and saw my mom outside the exact door and was sitting on one of the benches. I approached her.

"Mom," I whispered.

She looked up and saw me. She cried harder, maybe because finally, I'm here. She hugged me while still sniffing.

"Alex, Alex... I'm so glad you're here..." Mom said in between the sniffs.

"Shh, mom. I'm here, okay? I'm sorry. Really." I hugged her too. I missed her.

"You're dad...." She sobbed harder.

"It will be okay mom. Don't worry." I said. I don't know if I was comforting my mom, or was comforting myself.

She pulled back and smiled at me. Then she looked at behind me. I gasped. I almost forgot that Anthony was with me.

"Why... Why are you here?!" Mom said, pointing at Anthony.

"Ma'am, I'm with-" He said but I cut him off.

"He's with me mom." I said.

"With you? How? How dare you be with my daughter when you caused so much pain to her!" Mom said.

People are starting to look at us now. We are getting a lot of attention.

"Mom, I'll explain later, okay? I just want to see dad for now." I said.

Mom eased up and breathed. She nodded and accompanied me inside.

I looked at Andrew. "Will you be fine here?" I asked.

He nodded and told me to go inside. I headed towards the door and opened it.

My dad was lying very still in a white bed. If you look at him, he was just like sleeping. But the tubes and monitors connected to his body proved it wrong.

I approached him and held his hand. I wished it'll move like it does in movies. But it didn't.

"What happened, mom?" I asked, still looking at my father.

Mom shook her head. "I don't know Alex. After calling you, he can't sleep well. Then in the morning, he can't breath well. I was terrified. So I brought him here with the help of Kyle."

I continued to stare at my father until the doctor came inside.

"Mrs. Thermopolis?" The doctor said.

"That's me, doc." Mom said, wiping his red eyes.

"You're husband has experienced nervous breakdown. This occurs due to uncontrolled emotions until it overwhelms your body." The doctor examined my dad.

"Luckily, it wasn't that bad. He just needs rest. And don't scare him or worry him too much." And the doctor went away.

Worry him too much.

So it was my fault. I didn't told my parents where I was going. Dad was worried about me that's why he can't sleep.

Mom caressed dad's hair and kissed her forehead.

"You should better take a rest, Alex. I know you're tired. We'll talk later." Mom said.

"Are you sure mom? I can accompany you here." I asked worriedly.

"I'll be fine, for now. Just go home and take a rest." Mom said.

"I'll visit later then. Bye."

I waved goodbye and went outside.

Anthony was waiting for me.

"How was your dad?" He asked when he saw me.

"Nervous breakdown. But he's fine now." I said and grabbed my bags. "I need to go home." I said.

"I'll accompany you." He said and I nodded.

***

The door was open and I was mystified. Mom never left the door open.

I shook my head. Mom has a lot in her mind. Locking the door won't have any space for her fully-loaded brain.

I went directly upstairs and changed my clothes.

I immediately lied in my bed. I was really tired and stressed, especially from the travel. I need to sleep.

I closed my eyes when I suddenly heard a noise from the other room. Is mom home? I don't think so. I didn't heard the door open.

I ignored it thinking maybe it was just the wind or a rat. I closed my eyes again when I heard footsteps. This is getting weird since I heard it right next to my room. It came from the guest room.

I stood up slowly, careful not to make any noise. I went outside quietly. I was actually tiptoeing. I grabbed a bat that was owned by my father. He likes baseball. Most americans do.

I turned the knob of the guest room just to find it close. Wierd. Really weird since I heard another footsteps. There's definitely someone inside. A thief maybe? I don't know.

My hands were trembling. I knocked the door hoping whoever was inside will open it.

And I got mortified when it did. And became more mortified to see who the hell it was.

"Andrew?!"