Chapter 46 - Jealous

ALEX'S POV

Days passed and Ella and Jake welcomed Andrew back like nothing happened before.

Anthony was drifting apart from us, from me. He still smiles and nods at me, but he wouldn't do the same to Andrew. Andrew was, um, kinder to him. He even invited Anthony to join us for lunch but Anthony turned him down.

As I expected, the issue started to die. Even though sometimes I still meet curious eyes, most of the students don't care anymore.

Apparently, Andrew's idea of pretending-to-be-couple worked. People stopped bullying me. Though for the first week, Andrew need to save me over and over again just to remind them that he's my boyfriend.

My normal life is back, well as normal as it is. At home, Andrew's my half brother. In school, Andrew's my boyfriend.

Another three months passed quickly and school's about to end.

"What do you wanna do this summer, Alex?" Andrew asked as he was sweeping and I was mopping.

"I wanna do dance class," I said.

"Dance class? But you're already good at it!" He said.

"But not well enough," I said. "How about you?"

"I don't know, but I wanna visit my mom. I haven't seen her for awhile," he said.

"Tell that to dad. I'm sure he'll be okay," I said and we continued cleaning.

Mom's on the kitchen and Dad was, as usual, away. After asking mom if she wanted us to do something and saying no, we agreed to have a movie marathon.

After arguing on what movies to watch, we settled for Taken 3.

Mom made some Pineapple pie so we were pigging out while watching movies.

I always shrieked at gun shots. That's why I accidentally held Andrew's hand when a bomb blew up. I realized what I had done so I acted normal and tried to take my hand off his. But he gripped my hand and out of the corner of my eye, I saw his cheeks lifted. Is he smiling?

We watched Wrong Turn and I Spit on Your Grave. It was really scary. But nothing's more scary than the sensation I feel and the butterflies in my stomach as Andrew's hands held mine.

This is not good.

The movie finished and we both stretched because we were sitting for like, five to six hours. It was getting late already.

"That was awesome," Andrew said and let go of my hand.

I breathed. "Yeah, especially when you scream!" I teased.

"I didn't!"

"You did!"

"No!"

He attempted to walk away, so I stopped him by jumping at his back. Instead of rolling down, he held my legs so we were piggy back riding. I started to tickle him and he giggled.

We were at the same spot when mom announced. "Alex, you have a visitor."

And I saw Anthony.

Mom's face couldn't be draw. She knew what happened between me and Anthony. But she was kind enough to let Anthony get in.

Andrew saw me on Andrew's back, so I jumped off and let him in.

"Hey, get in," I said.

Andrew disappeared. I couldn't deny that they don't like each other.

"What brings you here?" I said.

"Just wanted to visit you," he said.

He handed me a bag full of fruits. I thanked him and put it on the table.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Good. You?" He answered.

"Fine. I didn't get to hang out with you alot. Are you avoiding us?" I asked.

"No, I just don't want to be around him," he said and I know who he's talking about.

"You don't need to hate him. He's trying to get to you," I said

"Hate and unlike are two different things, Alex. And I'm jealous," he said, straight forward.

"Jealous? Why?" I asked.

"You two look good together," he whispered so my mom can't hear.

"We're siblings," I whispered back.

"I know. But it doesn't change the fact that he looks at you like-"

His phone rang and answered it.

"Hello?...Yeah...Visiting someone.... oh, okay....bye." He told me he needs to leave so I walked with him to the door.

But before going, he turned to look at me. "Alex, give me one more chance. Please," he said.

I didn't answer. Well, I don't know if I should.

"I'll give you time to think," he said. "Goodbye, Alex."

And he leaned forward and he caught my lips.