chapter 4 - Kieran

-Kieran-

I've gotten as far as the wire when, out of nowhere, a soldier jumps out and wrestles me to the ground, pinning my arms under me. Struggling with all my might, I suddenly hear a loud pop and an excruciating pain in my left shoulder shocks me. Have I dislocated my shoulder? I cry out in agony as I lie there limply, distorted shoulder twisted hideously. Seemingly satisfied, the soldier smirks and releases me, moving on.

Lying there, waves of pain rock my body as I reach up with my good hand. Gripping my left arm firmly with my right hand, I push until it pops back into place. Gritting my teeth so that I would not cry out, I scrunch my eyes tight and stay like that for a moment, cradling myself.

Then, the battle ceases as suddenly as it had started.

Looking around, I realise that there are only about twelve or thirteen of us left, the lucky few to not have been shot or the walking wounded.

We've lost.

Gazing at the grim, solemn faces which I have come to know and love amidst the chaos of the war, a sudden panic grips me and my feet buckle underneath me. My mind turns blank, and only one word remains, like an angry, blinking signal.

Julian.

He's missing.

A/N cliffy!! *laughs manically😈* vote if you like it 🙋🏻‍♀️⭐️