Chapter 7: A Promise

Hope you like the new cover. Also, yes. I had an artstyle change again :)
And he has bat ears in his Miraculous form! I completely forgot to add them, so now he has bat ears from now on, I'll have to edit the first few chapters because of it. (=_=")

That night on the same day, I was lounging in the living room with Master Fu and Wayzz. I was browsing through NASA's website on their new discoveries and their courses for aspiring young astronauts. Maybe I can finally get my grades on track to be able to pass their course. I shook my head at the thought. I'm getting ahead of myself, things had gone too smoothly during my time with Adrian that Prince Charming's happy-go-lucky attitude is infecting me.

I didn't realise the chuckle that escaped my mouth at the thought of Adrian until a certain green kwami floating into my line of vision.

"You seem in a good mood today, Danny." Wayzz pointed out, I felt the heat of embarrassment reach my cheeks and looked away.

"I guess, I just haven't gotten the chance to hangout with this particular friend outside of school before." I shrugged, "And today was our first time getting to know each other." The kwami nodded in response, and I watched him return to Master Fu's side at the open kitchen. An aroma caught in my nose and I swore I could drool, it smelled amazing whatever Master Fu was making in the kitchen. Fried chicken, maybe? I guessed, and I didn't have to wait long to see that I was right.

"Chicken!" I beamed and digged in as soon as my guardian handed me my plate of fried chicken. Through the crunching of chicken in my mouth, I heard Master Fu chuckle and I lifted my gaze to see him smiling in amusement at my direction. "I wike chihen."

"I can see that." Master Fu chuckled while I chewed. I glanced at the music player, where Tino was currently staying in for the night. Being a guardian kwami had it's faults, one of them was exposure to too much light or human interaction was somewhat of a hindrance to him. Basically Tino is a nightowl that has no people skill, a literal introvert if you will. The only way for Tino to regain his energy back is to sleep in the box for the night.

After swallowing down the rest of my meal I let out a long sigh. That was delicious. Tonight was school night so by the time it hit seven I was ready to hit the sack. Earlier than I'd usually decide to sleep, but I didn't want Alya or Marinette on my case tomorrow.

When my head hit the pillow, I was ready to sleep. I blinked up at the ceiling and felt the familiar sensation of air passing straight through my entire body and I smirked. Did you really think I was going to sleep that early? Of course not, I had something to investigate, and the best way to sneak out of the apartment was to simply phase through the wall and dissappear from sight.

I flew past my bedroom wall and out into the city of Paris. Lights danced across the city streets and buildings blurred past below me as I flew. It's been a while since I last flew, and I missed the feeling of being free. Free from gravity, and free from my problems. Of course the latter was before the entire incident back in Amity, before I came here to Paris to start a new life. Now every time I use my own powers, it was a painful reminder of the past. Just like now, as I flew to my destination. The sensation of needles trailed down my spine with a ghostly hum in my chest that I swore whispered, Your still here, through my very own breath. I let out a laugh, and it sounded like a broken record. I'm losing my mind, ghosts don't have hearts, I thought to myself. If I do have a heart after everything that had happened, well that would be the best joke life could throw at me.

On that happy note, I decended to the ground without a sound, and kept myself hidden as I now stood in the estate. The Agreste Estate. I know I'm trespassing Adrian's place, but I couldn't let what I saw slide. The woman that I saw during my time with Pretty Boy never left my mind even after I left to head home. I ghosted my way to the statue where I first saw the spectre of a woman. When I neared the familiar chill ran up my spine and a wisp of smoke left my lips.