Chapter 4: An Akuma

"Ivan! Go to the principal's office!" The teacher's exclaimed, causing me to jerk out of my daydream in surprise. I saw the teacher sending a disappointed look over my shoulder and I followed her gaze behind me to see a large boy with a black shirt, grasping another boy in a red hoodie by the collar. 

"But Miss-" The boy I assumed was Ivan tried to protest.

"Go to the principal's office now, young man." The teacher interrupted. Ivan scowled and pushed the boy he held captive away before storming out of class. So much drama and it's just the first day of school, what a bother. I was about to go back to my daydream when another voice spoke, but this time it was directed at me.

"Fenton to Earth." Alya waved her hand in front of my vision. I groaned in annoyance.

"What do you want?" I asked, focusing on the present while crossing my arms in front of my chest. When I was aware of my surroundings I found that the majority of the class left, leaving only Marienete, Alya and I in the classroom. My arms untangled themselves and fell to my sides and I scanned the room in confusion. "Where did everyone go?" I asked no one in particular. The two girls let out a light laugh and I arched a brow at them in question.

"They left, Danny." Alya stated the obvious.

"The bell rang for lunch, didn't you hear it?" Marienete tilted her head and I sighed. Was I really that out of it throughout the entire first period? I asked myself in my head. 

"No. I guess I was spacing out a lot during class." I admitted to them both. 

"I can't blame you. Chloe was just being Chloe for the entire time so it wasn't the most productive first lesson of the school year." Ms Blue Bells told me. I smirked and was about to reply to her when the entire room shook. The girls stumbled, Alya grabbing a chair to brace herself while Marienete fell back on a table and grabbed the edge of the desk to have something to keep her balanced. As for me, I fell right off my chair and landed on the floor face first. Wonderful.

"What the heck is going on?" Alya cried out. Then a scream came from Marienete and I lifted my head to see her wide-eyed over to the window and I followed her gaze, just on time to see a massive figure jump from a building and another shake filled room. I couldn't believe what I saw, but knew exactly what it was. I have been teaining for this very moment. It was an Akuma.  

I glanced over at my bag to see Tino peeking out of the pocket and nodded towards me and I gave a nod back in respond. Before I stood up and excuse myself, Alyah jumped to her feet, phone in hand.

"I'm going after it!" She announced.

"What?" Marienete and I were swift to stand and looked at our brunette friend in shock. Alyah simply grinned at the both of us.

"When there's a villain and hero follows! I'm not missing out on this!" Alyah exclaimed and she bolted with her phone in her hands as she filmed. Anxiety took over me and I turned back to Blue Bells.

"Head home. I'll go after Alyah." I told her. She gave me a concerned look.

"But-"

"Marienete, I'm fast on my feet. I'll get her before the monster gets her first, okay?" I tried to assure her. He pursed her lip in uncertainty before sighing and nodded.