The Menkies (Main 9 Characters)

A/N: Based off season 2. Rini, Redlyn, Seblos, and Portwell are canon. Tbh idk what happened but in this the Menkies are hosted at a big venue ig.

"This is... convenient." Ricky said sarcastically. Nini nodded, holding his hand.

"Is it?" Seb asked. Carlos smiled, not surprised Seb didn't understand, and pulled him into a hug.

"Elevators are so small." EJ complained.

They were heading to the Menkies, which took a ride a few floors up in an elevator. The only problem was that it was stuck.

"We're gonna miss the show..." Ashlyn mumbled, leaning against Big Red.

"We'll be out soon." He whispered to her.

"Guys, if anyone has any lines they need to run over, now's probably the best time to get them down." Gina said loudly, trying to take charge. EJ put his arm around her to calm her, but nodded.

"Right, lines..." Big Red nodded as he trailed off. Ashlyn kissed his cheek.

"You won't forget them and it's fine if you do." She whispered. He squeezed her hand.

"Do we just wait for someone to help?" Nini asked.

"Yeah, I'd say so." Kourtney nodded. "I'll tell Miss Jenn what happened." She told everyone, pulling out her phone.

"Thanks, good idea." Ashlyn said.

"You're quiet love." Seb said, turning to Carlos.

"Just worried about the show, I'm fine."

"If you're sure." Seb hugged him. "The show'll go amazingly, we've been practicing nonstop."

"As long as we get out, then it might."

"How are we gonna have enough time for costumes and makeup?" Kourtney asked, interrupting everyones' conversations with their significant others.

"Uh..." Nini started, but stopped when she realized she had no answer.

"Costumes make or break a show..." EJ said.

"Couldn't agree more." Gina agreed, scooting closer to him with a small smile despite circumstances.

"Okay, guys, come on. Let's be a little more optimistic, shall we?" Ashlyn piped up. "Kourtney and all of our crew are genius and quick. People are on their way, they'd probably get fired if they weren't. We all know our lines and we'll all do great." She finished with a huge, slightly exaggerated but mostly real, smile. Big Red had a small smile as he, along with the others, watched her talk.

"You're right." Nini said, letting go of Ricky's hand for a split second because of sweat (the crammed elevator made everyone hot) before holding it again. Most of them nodded in agreement.

"Okay, great!" Ashlyn responded. "Let's just wait patiently."

A few minutes passed. Nini and Ricky were sharing mildly impatient glances. Big Red and Ashlyn were making quiet conversation occasionally, mostly reassuring each other they'd do good in the show (Big Red was nervous because it was his first time, Ashlyn was nervous because she had never played a lead). Carlos and Kourtney were talking to each other about how the show could go, not as effected by Ashlyn's short speech as the others. Seb was listening in, mostly admiring his boyfriend. EJ and Gina occasionally joined that conversation, both impatient, but also had their own conversation.

"Finally!" Gina exclaimed when they eventually left the elevator after the fire department came.

"You're telling me." EJ muttered, taking her hand as they walked to the dressing rooms.

"Come on." Kourtney dragged Ricky off to do his Beast makeup after he shared a quick kiss with Nini.

"Have fun telling EJ to ask me out." Ashlyn smiled and kissed Big Red's cheek. "Break a leg."

"Break yours... more." He replied awkwardly. She laughed and went to change into her costume.

"There you are!" Miss Jenn said anxiously to each of them when they showed up. "Hurry, hurry!"