Sonic OC: Violet

WHAT UP, PEEPS?! IT'S UNI! I'M BACK WITH MORE ART!

My Sonic the Hedgehog OC is done!

Originally, the idea was to make her look cute and gothic at the same time

Originally, the idea was to make her look cute and gothic at the same time. But I decided to change that just a little since that was kinda old. I still kept the color palette the same and added some other colors so it's not just purple and black. Also, there were some newer ideas for her personality that I used and I wanted her appearance to match her new personality.

APPEARANCE

Clothes: purple dress, purple hair bow, full length black gloves, black leggings, purple boots w/ black soles, gold ringlets

Species: hedgehog

Fur color: purple

Hair/Spines: purple (darker) with colored tips

Eye color: violet

Skin: tan

Gender: female (she/her)

Age: 17 (originally 11-12)

Makeup: Purple eyeshadow and lipstick

LIKES

Adventure, fashion, unicorns, magic, music, dueling, protecting her kingdom and the Ultra Amethysts, gel pen collecting, freedom, skating, gaming

DISLIKES

Bullies, Dr. Eggman, jewel thieves (except for Rouge), captivity

BACKSTORY AND PERSONALITY

Violet is the princess of New Thunderhornia, a kingdom of Mobians far from the city of Mobotropolis. Unlike most of her people, she was born with magic and thinner spines that can extend. Her powers only grow stronger as she grows and can be quite dangerous when she's scared or upset. She was given gloves to conceal them and protect everyone when she was young and rarely takes them off. Some might think it's abusive or restrictive but, they don't know the truth. She struggles to control them due to past trauma when she was a kid and although the main stressor is gone, she still suffers greatly after the damage has been done.

Because of her powers, she sees herself as a monster and a curse. She fears what would happen if she had full control over her people but little control over her magic. She doesn't want to be the cause of anything but, doesn't want the throne to go to her younger brother because he probably wouldn't know how to lead. And he stinks. Literally. This only makes her try harder to make herself the leader her people need her to be.

When she was seven, she spent a whole summer at a training camp. She hoped to stay for a year to escape the trauma but, she progressed quickly and was soon sent back to her kingdom to endure more of it. During her training, she found an ancient sword that once belonged to a Thunderhornian princess hundreds of years ago. Since then it has been permanently bonded to her spirit and her powers.

Once she returned home, she found nothing but ruins. Thunderhornia had been destroyed by something while her parents fought for control over the kingdom. Fortunately, her mother won using the power contained within 18 amethysts known as the Ultra Amethysts. But the royals and the inhabitants of Thunderhornia had to relocate. New Thunderhornia was soon established and built up and the Ultra Amethysts were under Violet's protection. But were the Thunderhornians still safe was what everyone was asking.

Being adventurous, Violet would often explore the land outside the kingdom although, her mom said not to. Sometimes she'd help someone in need without giving out too much information about herself or even do it secretly. Her powers are useful in those situations but, she often uses her hair instead so she doesn't freak anyone out. She never sticks around long enough due to being shy and having barely any trust for many people.

She also loves skating so she wears boots that can become magic rollerblades since they have bonded to her spirit and powers. Using these, she can almost reach Sonic's speed. She does like fashion but, she refuses to wear ball gowns since she wants to easily be able to fight if she has to.

That's all I got for now. I hope y'all enjoyed this art piece.

UNTIL NEXT TIME!