Everything Is Fine!

Tw: mentions of death, mentions of anxiety

A/n: Sorry the notes aren't in italics... apparently wattpad hates me at the moment... hopefully I will be able to use italics again soon

Peter looks at me. He looks at me and I expect him to tell me what's wrong, but instead he says, "You ask a lot of questions you know. I'm just tired so I'm zoning out."

"Oh. I wasn't trying to be pushy or anything. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I'm basically whispering. Peter sounds mad but I'm not quite sure why. Did I do something wrong?

"Of course I'm okay! Everything is fine! I lost my parents when I was little, then I find a new father figure and he dies too! And guess what! He was a frickin genius and so the entire world knew him and so everyone misses him! And everybody, EVERYBODY keeps putting pictures of him everywhere and I have to walk past them everyday and pretend like I don't care. Because why wouldn't Peter be okay! Peter Benjamin Parker is just a normal fricking kid! So yea MJ, I'm fine! I'm perfectly absolutely fine!" Peter takes a shaky breath and looks around. It looks like Peter's yelling woke everyone up. Peter hugs his legs up to his chest and starts crying.

Woah. Okay... Where did all that come from? But then I see them. There are crumpled up pieces of paper all over Peter's chair. They're all different shapes and sizes. All different colors. I pick one up and uncrumple it. It reads:

"Hey kid!

You did so great today! Happy told me about the lady who gave you a churro. That's awesome. Sorry I don't have any new missions for you right now, but unfortunately New York is pretty crime free at the moment. So annoying right? I miss hanging out with you but I promise I'll make time soon!

-T.S."

The date on it is two days before the blip. The note is scribbled down on a light blue sticky note. I pick up another piece of paper, this time it's a folded piece of printer paper.

"Dear Peter B. Parker,

Thank you for your help in Germany this weekend. I hope you had enough time to finish your homework after getting back. I hope to get to work with you again soon Spiderman.

-T.S"

So he is Spiderman... Are all of these papers from Tony Stark? There ought to be at least twenty papers here.

"Peter, are these all letters from Tony Stark?" He doesn't answer. I look over at him sitting there. He's sitting there, crying, and I can't do anything for him. Nothing. Except, be here. And so I sit next to him and I put my hand on top of his. And I sit here.