It's Stupid Isn't It?

The plane touched down a little while ago. Peter ended up sleeping the rest of the way here. We haven't talked since we got off of the plane. He seems like he might be okay but I'm not sure... Maybe he was just over exhausted. Yet, I don't think that was the problem.

I'm sitting on my bed, sketching out a picture of Peter. In my drawing he's smiling, but I know now that a smile doesn't mean he's happy. I feel like that's true for everyone. I thought that Peter was always happy. That he was just a happy person, but I don't think so. I guess little kids are the only ones who are truly happy all the time. After a certain age, we start to see how messed up our world is and we become people who aren't happy all the time... I think that's okay.

I hear a soft knocking on the door. I get up and walk over, but before I even open the door. I know who it is. On the other side of this door is Peter. Peter Benjamin Parker. I take a breath, and open the door.

"Hi..." Peter looks at me with a soft smile. His eyes are red, and his cheeks are wet. He's been crying.

"Hi..." I smile back at him. And I realize that I've been crying too. Up until this point, I was crying too. Up until I knew that Peter was here, smiling at me, I was crying too. And suddenly there's this soft connection between us. Because I just realized that he makes me happy, and I think he realized the same thing.

Peter is my light in darkness. He's my smile after crying. He's... He's here right now, and I love him for that. I barely even know him yet, but I love him. It's stupid isn't it? How do we just fall in love with someone we barely know? I think we fall in love when someone is there for us. When they help us to see more clearly or something... I'm not sure, maybe that's stupid... Or, maybe it's not...