I will tell who I am. Or... will I?

"What's going on here?" Klaus asked.  

I found myself having to remind myself to breathe.  

"This is not your business." Damon smirked at him and stepped closer to me even when everyone else stepped aside.  

"Actually... it is." he came in the middle of our group and he caught my arm. "I think it's time to leave."  

"I agree. I wouldn't be here if they weren't fight with me." I looked at Barbie vampire. If looks could kill...  

"Are you protecting her?" asked Stefan.  

"I don't need his protection!" I answered and I walked away from them.  

"Great! We didn't find out anything." I heard behind my back. "Caroline..."

He caught me within a few meters. "We didn't start very well."  

"You want to talk about family stories and view old photos?" I quickened my steps.  

We walked together side by side.

"I'm serious. You surprised me."  

"Congratulations to me! Not everything can surprise big Klaus, huh?" I said in an unfriendly tone.  

"Stop!" he raises his voice at me and he has blocked my way so I cannot pass.  

I looked into his eyes with no fear and thought what he can read in my eyes.  

"I really want to help you. It's late, you can stay in my house until tomorrow."  

I wanted to leave, but...

My mom always said I'm just like my father. I'm too stubborn, strong, independent, distrustful of people. But in some moments my heart is in over my head and my mother was happy I was listening her advices.  

She was a great witch. People came with their problems to her, she never gave up on anybody, there was always a reason for people behaving in a certain way. Magic meant everything to her, it was her whole life.

...but in this situation I saw something in his eyes, something that reminded me myself and I couldn't say no. I have traveled all this way, I can't live without the answers, not anymore.  

He noticed my hesitance, stepped away and he showed me the way to his house.

***

I wake up on a warm morning. I got out of bed and looked around.

On the three of the four wood walls was large paintings hanging of the ocean and waves. Observing each side of room mixed emotions ran through my mind; heaven and hell, night and dark, cold and hot. My attention quickly wavered to my right.

There was a large bookcase, simple but elegant without any décors.  

Silk bedding was still warm when I got out of the room. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing.  

He was sitting on one of his chair near the fireplace.  

"Ready for breakfast?" he asked me and I only nodded without words.

***

We walked in to the Mystic Falls. There weren't a lot of people there.  

He brought us foods and I knew neither of us had ever imagined this situation, not even in our wildest dreams.  

We were eating our toasts when Damon walked in. He saw us, his eyebrows were pulled up in his forehead.

He came with his typical smirk. "Well well well. Look who's here."  

Klaus froze, a piece of toast halfway to his lips, then lowered it with slowness.  

"Can't you bother someone else?" he hid his anger by the angry smile, he thrown his toast into the table.  

"Or you can tell me what I want and then I'll disappear."  

"Or I can help you disappear." Klaus threatened him.  

He stood up and I knew this can't end well.

I turned to Damon: "OK. Do you want to know who am I? I will tell who I am and why I am here."