Family dinner

I was so happy when we stopped outside the front of the house. I was surprised when I saw Rebekah standing at the door.

"Finally! I have something for you." she instinctively hugged me, her arms were around mine and she led me upstairs.

She opened to door of one of the rooms: "So? What do you think?"

I saw my reflection in the mirror.

Room has a peculiar shape. From the pinnacle it would look like a big rectangular shape forms it with the longest sides facing north and south.

Beige fitted carpet has covered the whole room.

In the center of the room is a large, queen sized bed as soft as a cloud.

At the head of the bed is an oil painting in a darker frame. Black swan, it has to be Klaus's absolutely unique piece of work.

This spacious room is lighted by the windows conceal in the heavy folds of the window curtain.

Next to the little table is bookcase full of books and two soft armchairs that give comfortable place to relax and read.

"It's not completely finished yet, because I don't know what do you like so it's up to you now." Klaus said quietly.

I was glad that they gave me a space.

"This is my room?" I was still shocked I barely could speak.

"If you don't like it you can choose any other room." Did I hear a disappointment in his voice?

"No, I... I didn't mean it like that. It's beautiful." he smiled as I reluctantly walked beside him.

"I'm glad you like it."

"We have time until dinner is ready." Rebekah said happily. "I skipped my last two classes today because I was shopping for you. I'm curious what do you think of all these dresses."

"You were shopping?" I laughed.

"Aren't you busy?" she turned to Klaus.

He left the room and she shut the door behind him.

"Which one do you want to try first?"

"Rebekah... wait. I don't want to rude... but I don't need any of this." I desperately looked around. "You overdid it. The whole room and dress..."

"Honey, all of this is for you." we both sat on bed "I know how hard it is to lose your mum." I found myself unable to take a deep after her words.

"And believe me, living with Klaus all these years... still running after all these years... it wasn't the best season of my life."

Then I realised that she can finally see better chance for life. With family around and someone who understands her. Maybe after everything that's happened, I have a chance for new life too. In that moment I knew I didn't want to screw it.

***

I walked down the stairs dressed up in a short black dress. The sound of heels clicking on the floor caught Klaus's attention and he looked up.

"Beautiful."

"Isn't that too much? It's just dinner for three."

"Actually..." he smiled mischievously which made me nervous.

There were two men waiting for us, both dressed up in suits. They were looking deep in my eyes.

"I'm Kol" he shook my hand, "and this is Elijah. We're Klaus's brothers."

I couldn't help myself I had to smile at them.

During the whole dinner I answer them questions and asked them what I wanted to know as a child. After one question I put another and I just didn't even gave them space to think.

I felt that after so many years I have the perfect opportunity to catch up as a family and make up for all those missed moments.

***

"Tomorrow we are going to have a big party. It's so much more fun with you than with Klaus." Kol smirked at me.

"Kol" Klaus said behind our backs, glared at him and shook his head.

We both laughed and I rather walked into my room.

It was a very long day. New surroundings, new people, new family.

I was just thinking about hot bath when I saw shadow in the window.

There was Damon, with a typical smirked on his face. "I see that you already settled in here."

And before I could do something he jumped at me and then I just remember darkness...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please let me now what do you think! :)

And here is how she looked at family dinner: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=69915428