The End

Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

„Look who is here."

I was standing before the group of the hunters. Men with weapons in their hands, with a hungry look on their faces. They looked like evil dogs ready to kill their pray.

„It looks like someone is following in her mother's footsteps."

„What is that supposed to mean?"

They laughed over my confused expression but none of them has moved closer to me and I didn't want to waste my time with talk.

I would have never thought that I would like to rush myself to die. But I had no choice.

If i die, my sacrifice can protect other witches and then my family can take care of hunters. I am sure of it.

I started with the ritual and I felt the power of magic from the candles flames.

„You are just like your mother." One of them tried to distract me and it worked. I forgot the spell and gave him a look.

„My family has a long tradition. My sons grew up just like I did."

„Oh, you mean like monsters without understanding with a passion to kill? Your family is full of fathers of the year."

„I gave them all I could."

„Are you insane? The only thing you gave them was the fear, moving from place to place and loss of close people."

„With great power comes great responsibility. If one of us died, he died a hero."

I laughed. „A hero? One of your sons died in running from my father."

He looked like he could barely control himself and he gave me a nervous smile.

„And your second son died in my garden." I continued. „My dear uncle Kol broke his neck."

„I won't let you kill witches."

„Silly girl." he laughed. „You can't stop us."

„Maybe she can't. But we can. And we will."

Familiar voice interrupted us. My family was behind me. Klaus, Kol, Elijah, Rebekah. Dorian with Thea, Damon and Stefan. They were ready to fight and defended witches with their own lives.

They didn't do anything wrong but they still can die.

It was a difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but my mother knew and so do I, that there was all the difference in the world.

I hope that my mother would be proud of me because this is the reason why I have this gift of magic and I know how to sacrifice for the right thing.

"I'll get straight to the point. People have been after me for a thousand year and I'm always one step ahead, so whatever it is you're trying. Go for it, give it your best shot. You won't succeed." Klaus said.

Forest around me immediately turned into a battlefield. Minutes were like hours but I was in a bubble out of reality. Two of the hunters already lay on the ground without move. The whole ritual took me a lot of power, I fell to my knees, still repeated the spell.

„Oh, mom, I wish you were here with me now."

***

~flashback~ 

„Assia, you can't do this! You have a daughter."

„She is not a little baby anymore, she can take care of herself."

I was sure of my decision but my best friend didn't understand that.

„But you have to tell her."

I shook my head. „I hope she will understand me one day. That I am doing it to protect her and our whole witch family."

I sighed and thought about my own daughter. „The worst part is that she is going to have the same life like I had my my mom. It's like some kind of twisted family tradition, I just hope I will be the last one."

***

I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. This place was literally me personal hell on Earth.

Just before I said the last words, someone hit me, hard, but not the one I was expecting.

Klaus knelt in front of me. He had blood on his face, arms and the top he was wearing.

„Do it. End it." he said.

I was sure, thought, in the instant our eyes met, that he didn't look harsh or unfriendly as he had the first time we met. He looked merely curious again, unsatisfied in some way.

He touch my hand and his fingers were ice-cold, like he'd been holding them in a snowdrift before. But that wasn't why I jerked my hands away so quickly. When he touched me, it stung me hand as if an electric current had passed through us.

He begged me to do it. He knew the ritual, maybe he hoped I find the way how to end it.

It was ridiculous and egotistical, to think that I could affect anyone that strongly. It was impossible. And yet I couldn't stop worrying that it was mistake.

I'd never giving much thought to how I would die, though I'd had reason enough in the last few months, but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this. I stared with out breathing into his blue eyes and he looked pleasantly back at me. Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone you loved. Noble even. That ought to count for something.

I said the last words of spell, the candles around us bursts into flames and Klaus fell on the ground dead.

-----------------------------------------------

So this is it! This is the end of my story, I hope you liked it.

I am sorry for my poor grammar and here is some quotes from HP of Twilight so it doesn't belongs to me!