I'll try to get to him

"I want to be with him here forever. I want him to be with me always."

Dream still was holding my hand. We still were making an eye contact. I felt so much better around him. I knew he was that one person I always dreamed of.

But I also knew that he had a world of his own. A world that held him, that wouldn't let him leave. I also knew that he would be gone soon.

"Nothing's perfect. I know it'll be over soon."

"It won't end, George. I'll be here with you as long as I can. And then... then it'll get better."
He assured me, and then he took his hand off
mine.

I sensed his uneasiness, I knew he wasn't sure of what he was assuring me, but I still was feeling good.

One thing puzzled me - why did he take his hand off mine? Had I done something wrong? But I had no way. Maybe I did?

"George, I'm a little tired now. I'm sorry for taking my hand off, it's just...I don't know why I did it."

"Don't worry. I totally understand. It's all right."
I said and gave him a slight smile.

At some point I saw Clay start to drift off to sleep, not on the bed but on my shoulder. I had no problem with that, in fact I was glad to have the opportunity to feel close again. Even though I wasn't in the most comfortable position, I wanted him to be convenient and I wanted him to feel as pleasantly as possible.

But he wasn't the only one who was tired. I was too. But the thought kept bothering me. I felt like it was trying to kill me. My only thought was him.

What am I supposed to do now? I'll try to find something, maybe the internet can help me.

"How to fall asleep?

I searched that and it came up with a bunch of ideas. Although there were a lot of them, one in particular caught my eye.

Listen to calming music. It will help you relax and get your mind off things.

I wondered if it would work. I had heard about this method many times - it had been recommended to me many times.

But at that moment one thing came to my mind - I can't do that, because there is a chance that I will wake him up, but maybe I will let something go... maybe nothing will happen?

After a moment of reflection I decided that despite the risk I would do it. I bent down slightly, put out my hand and grabbed the player lying on the nearby shelf.

There was only one song on it. It was my favorite song - but not just my favorite song. It was our favorite song.

Your love by Glass Animals.

At that moment my thoughts were blown away, I had so many amazing memories with this song that it made me definitely relax.

After about 5 minutes my eyelids started to stick together, my head started to droop, my body relaxed and I knew that this was the moment I was about to fall asleep.

"I shut my eyes
You call but I just cut the line"

------------------------------------------------------

The next day came. The music was still playing and it still really was calming me down.

"Daylight can open my eyes
And you'll still be by my side"

I still kept my eyelids closed but I felt somehow...lighter?

"Ok I'll open my eyes now, I can't wait to see him again"

I opened my eyes, then looked at my shoulder. There was nothing there. There was no one there. There was no him there.

"Clay, stop fooling around, I know you're here!" I said, and then I laughed because I thought he was joking.

"Clay?"

Okay, I'm getting worried. I don't know how to take this. I mean, he couldn't just disappear, right?

"Dream, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, whoever you're with, I'm here with you, remember."

Please come back.

"I guess I want you more than I thought I did
Now that I know that part of you's not part of this."

I know you're out there somewhere. And I believe you'll be here with me.

"What if he's stuck in this other world? Maybe there's a way to get him back here? What if he's in danger?"

The thoughts returned, but this time it was simply concern.

Maybe I can try to get him back here somehow? I'm sure there's a way. But wait... it's impossible.

If it doesn't work that way, I'll do something else. I'll try to get to him.