Chapter 21

He stood above me, with a smile on his face. It wasn't an insane grin, it was just a regular smile, as if he was happy about something. He then raised his knife, ready to kill me.

There was nothing I could do. All I could do was just wait for him to stab him. And I never even had the chance to tell Ryou the truth.

"Goodbye, Nate."

I then closed my eyes, waiting for my death...

...

...

I opened my eyes.

I wasn't dead.

I heard muffled screaming for outside the cell. My surroundings were no longer blurred, and I watched the scene unfold before me.

There were three security guards, and they were both holding Paich. He was trying to escape, but the security guards were far too strong. One of them had his hand covering Paich's mouth to prevent him from screaming.

I then saw yet another security guard on the scene, and before I could react, he grabbed me and I was far too weak to stop him. He had a sick twisted grin, and while he handcuffed me he said:

"Well, looks like we finally caught your little friend in the act."

He then blindfolded me and covered my mouth with tape. I could still hear the muffled screams coming from Paich as they took him away.

I was more scared than I have ever been before. What are they going to do us?

And...will we make it out alive?

I then felt a stinging pain in my arm, and I realised that the security guard was injecting me with the same drug that Lane used.

I felt myself slowly drifting away. I tried as hard as I could to resist, but it was no use...

...

Ryou's POV

What the hell was I doing here?

I was currently in Lane's office chained up, right next to Larouge, who looked as if she was in a very bad state. She had bruises all over her body, and she didn't say anything to me. She just stared at the ground, like she was deep in thought.

Brutus was watching me like a hawk. I tried asking him what was going on but he just laughed. I didn't want to admit it but deep down I was really afraid.

I had no idea why I was here, but I could tell I was here for a reason.

The door suddenly opened, and I heard muffled screams. The security guards were holding someone, who was thrashing and screaming.

I watched in horror as I realised that they were holding Paich. He was struggling relentlessly, but they still just chained him up by the wall with ease.

Brutus then left the room with a triumphant smirk on his face, but the others were still watching us. Larouge looked even more panicked than she did before.

There was a very long and awkward silence, no one dared say anything, or even move, but Paich occasionally started twitching.

The door opened, and we all froze as we gazed upon the man who entered the room. That man was Lane, and he looked absolutely deranged. His face twisted into an unnerving smile.

"So, you thought you could outsmart me, huh, Paich?" Lane taunted, looking down at the helpless prisoner. It was the first time that I saw Paich completely paralysed in fear.

"You're not going to answer me?" he smirked. He watched as Paich tried to speak, but no could understand what he was saying.

"F...or....g...g...ive...m...d..."