Chapter 14

Paich's POV

I think I was finally feeling the painful emotion known as boredom.

The Meeting Point was almost completely silent. Nothing of interest was happening.

Most people just sat there thinking about what might possibly happen to them. They were obviously scared and confused.

But I wasn't scared at all, because I had an accomplice that has been helping me, the woman known as Larouge.

She has secretly been communicating with me and hiding the equipment needed to escape from Lane and his inferiors. She has been working for security, and has infiltrated it so I no one can know about my secret.

This also meant I could no longer kill the patients because that would simply be a waste of my time. Sadly when we escape not everyone would be safe.

I had to stop killing for a while because Larouge is probably the only one that can kill Lane.

However, it wasn't easy. Every second of me not killing someone was like torture, possibly worse than the torture I had to endure here. I don't know how I managed to survive for 18 years.

I missed my old life, just playing with my toys without a care in the world, with no problems whatsoever.

However the outside world is a dark and scary place. Even if I do escape I don't have anywhere to go. I'll probably mutilate Raul's face for betraying me like he did.

That little stupid-head, sending me here was the biggest mistake of his life. Once I leave this stupid place I will make him regret his decision.

I will kill them all.

Ryou was just sitting there in absolute silence, he was deep in thought. He has been getting paler recently, almost like he was sick.

I decided that since we were partners in crime, I had to try and be as sympathetic towards him as I can. Even though I didn't care about him at all.

I walked up to him, slightly nervous.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

I never interacted with any other human before until I was sent here. They were probably as evil as Lane was. Nothing but worthless stupid-heads that deserve to die in the most painful way possible.

"No, there's nothing wrong," he responded, his face lit up. "I was just thinking about my time in the orphanage."

Did I hear that correctly? He went to an orphanage just like I did...

"I grew up at orphanage too..." I said quietly, more to myself than him. I wonder if he had a playroom like I did.

"Did you have any friends?" he asked me politely. 

"I did have one friend but..." I suddenly remembered that horrible memory that has haunted me for years. "...he's gone now."

"I had two best friends." Ryou started grinning. "One was Nate, who was my best friend since forever. The other is gone too after a terrible incident five years ago." The grin from his face was slowly disappearing.

"...His name was Jaden."

Jaden? As in the Jaden I love?

"Can you tell me who Jaden is?" I asked, trying to hide my panic.

"His name is Jaden Solomon. We grew up in the orphanage together, and eventually we became friends. Ever since Jaden came along, me and Nate didn't talk very much, we were still friends though."