𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 : 𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (Part I)

𝓣𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓦𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 : 𝑨𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒆 + 𝑹@𝒑𝒆 ꨄ︎
𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤. シ︎

⚠️ You've been warned so don't come complaining to me. Please use your beautiful irises, thank you! ⚠️
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When life had spiraled down to its worst, Jonathan felt conflicted of his very existence. The once generous and bright life he led,  the dreamlike past that should've been his warm present had gradually turned cold. Like the embers in the fireplace, when you thought it would never die, a harsh gust of wintry wind would slowly douse its flames. And Dio was just that merciless wind.

Jonathan didn't know where it went wrong,  perhaps their first encounter wasn't pleasant or Dio was just purely fueled with envy. But why? Yet, although he considered this great likelihood,  as a gentleman,  he couldn't bear to think badly of another even if that person was the very person who slowly took everything from his grasp.

All the things he had once taken for granted got taken away from him, his father, his prestige over his peers, his social circle and now even Danny his bestfriend, the only comfort he could turn to when everything felt awry and sad. Not knowing why,  but perhaps fate didn't leave and took pity of his soul that he met you that day. A bizarre fateful day.

His friends already deserted him so he had no reason to wander in town for fun anymore. Yet he felt that he needed a calm walk without a destination in mind. He then found himself in the docks, staring into the vast sea appreciating the waterscape that reflected the same blue deepness of his eyes. The water sparkled under the bright sun tempting everyone to take a dive in. 'The water should be cool.' Just when he thought of this,  a shout stole his attention.

"Mister! Watch out." Something hard hit him on his head before he registered what it conveyed,  also forgetting that he was at the edge of the platform so when he stepped back, air greeted his foot. Jonathan knew he was falling yet he instinctively outstretched his hand for any grip and he did! Only for that life saving grip to also get tugged down with his larger build. A woman's scream along with the realization that it was an arm that he grasped was the last thing he noticed after a huge splash broke the water's silence.

The fall didn't prepare you for the onslaught of the ocean that dragged your dress down like stone. You flailed in an attempt to resurface but you found it to be difficult. You forgot that another person had fallen with you and wouldn't have remembered if not for the arm that pulled you to breathe.

Spluttering out the salty water,  you looked over to the person, no the adolescent boy that had his angled brows furrowed in worry while staring down at a stranger which had been unfortunately you. The sun reflected the water droplets hanging loosely on his thick mane, indigo strands that bordered to black. His eyes were so beautiful as it met yours, making you wonder inside if they were authentic sapphires from those fancy stores you've glimpsed. Silence pervaded between you two before laughter rose intermingled with giggles at your funny predicament.

After dispersing the awkwardness, you both climb back up through the rope stairs in one of the pier's pillar. "Forgive me for dragging you with me, miss." He apologized, shyness tinting his handsome features. You quickly shook your head, not daring to accept it when you were the one who accidentally hit him with your shoe. "No, no. It was my shoe." Tone embarrassed, you bent down your head morosely. Surprise flickered in his eyes and he glanced down to your round toes that you wiggled in emphasis. Trying to shoot the seagull which stole your bread only led to disaster.