Avdol x Reader (Part II)

Dedicated to GodlyManNamedNat 💋

The next day was pretty hectic so you couldn't find a time to visit him in the morning nor the afternoon. You sighed a bit sadly. 'This happens when I already took an important step closer to him, he might even think that I'm ashamed to see him.'

You wanted to be the first person to see him this morning but instead, you were dragged by your nurse and subordinates complaining about your negligence during work last night. You pouted and followed silently back to your office. But just remembering last night returned the smile on your face. 'Wait for me Avdol'.

Meanwhile, Avdol was much early awake finding himself staring at the door expecting a certain woman to come. But every time it opened, a random nurse or doctor came checking him or adjusting the IV drops. Avdol didn't know what to feel, he was somewhat relieved not seeing her from last night's shame and a bit of disappointment though he tried to deny the latter.

"Dr. (l/n), your shift has already ended. I know you are dying to see 'him'. Mariss, one of the nurses reminded you and even wiggled her brows emphasizing the 'him'.

You just chuckled from her playfulness. Of course, Avdol was running in your mind all day and now you can't wait to see him. You fixed your things and tidied yourself. Appearance was important in front of him so you comb your (h/c) hair that was simply braided.

"Thanks for the hardwork". You told your nurse that stayed. "Don't forget to share the progress". Mariss the nurse laughed.

The day was surely very tiring but the thought of seeing Avdol fueled your body with energy. 'I've missed you'. That's what you'll say to him. You don't care what's your current status with him but you'll persevere to attain him. Liking wholeheartedly or not showing any bit of interest was your direct personality. Since you've admitted your positive feelings, then you plan to see it through.

After these thoughts, you merrily skipped your way to his private ward. Stopping, at the front of his door your prior confidence faltered and nervousness faintly sweatened your palms. 'I wonder what he's doing. Was he expecting me? Or resting already?'

The only way to know was to open this wooden slab and see for yourself so you just did that.

Avdol, lying on the bed staring at her arrival? No.

How about Avdol already sleeping on the bed? No.

Both expectstions were wrong because in the first place, he wasn't in the bed lying down. His side profile was at your sight as he was about to enter the rest room. Yes, his private room was luxurious so a personal CR was pretty much included.

"Avdol". Your one word quickly halted his steps and the turning of the door knob.

This man, Avdol had been waiting for this voice to once again reach his ears. He was unknowingly waiting for her so everytime the door opened, he looked but she didn't come back. Now, that Avdol planned to just sleep off after going to the loo and remove her from his head, she appeared. 'How unpredictable'.

Was he already hallucinating from too much thinking of this woman? That's what he asked. No matter how much he denied, you have occupied his mind more than the ongoing crusade of his comrades.

Avdol as if on cue turned his head to see the very woman that literally took his breath away for a couple of seconds last night.

"Uhhhh so you're going to the loo?" Your words caused both of your cheeks to tinge a darker shade. 'Isn't it obvious, why do I have to ask stupid questions when I'm in front of him'.

You awkwardly fiddled your fingers and just added, "I- I'll wait on the chair". Then hurriedly closed the door and walked inside and sat down. 'I stuttered once again, good thing we're alone or my subordinates would laugh at my predicament'. His gaze followed your movement while still standing. To your embarrassment, you blurted out "Need help?".