four

the last couple days to the fourth of july had passed surprisingly quickly for the mikaelson siblings — all aside from rebekah, who had complained to the rest of them about how it was taking forever for the day of the party to arrive.

for whatever reason, kari felt both nervous and almost giddy for the evening ahead of them. she didn't know why, seeing as she had no reason to feel either of the two emotions, and it confused her.

"you ready to go, ri?" finn's head pokes into her room, and the younger original nods as she pulls her boots on.

"yes, let's head out."

the two rejoin the rest of the originals downstairs near the front door, where everyone was waiting aside from rebekah, who seemed to be doing her final touches upstairs. the youngest undead mikaelson soon comes down to join them all, and they quickly head out the door.

"are we taking a vehicle, or do you expect us to just run all the way there and ruin our clothes like animals?" rebekah questions snarking, and elijah lets out a sigh.

"i've arranged transportation for us, so there's no need to be like that, sister. it should be waiting for us outside."

they all follow the man outside, eyes catching on the limo their brother had rented for them for the night.

"this certainly won't attract any attention," kari quips, kol sniggering at her words as he follows her and finn into the vehicle. freya gives elijah a helpless shrug after seeing the depressed look on his face, her and rebekah climbing in with the last two following moments after.

it took quite a bit to get to their destination, what with manhattan traffic being what it is. kol had complained a couple times throughout the drive, which ended up with him and klaus butting heads. eventually, though, they did reach the tower they'd been invited too, and freya showed the receptionist the invite once they walked in.

the woman had blushed profusely when setting eyes upon the mikaelson family, but she got her expression under control quickly and told them what floor to take the elevator up to.

when the elevator came to a stop, the siblings all shared looks before walking out. a few heads turned their way upon hearing the ding of the machine, but while some kept their eyes trained on them, the majority of people just dismissed them as some big money people that stark had invited for whatever random reason.

kol almost immediately looped arms with his slightly older sister and led her to the bar where a random man and woman were bartending.

"what can i get for you?" the young woman questions, smiling at kari and ignoring the suave smirk the male mikaelson was sending her. the blonde smirks at her brother before requesting a random alcoholic drink for the both of them, and the woman moves to make the drinks.

"do you see stark anywhere?" her brother murmurs loud enough for her to hear, but his sister just rolls her eyes.

"why does it matter? leave the interrogation to elijah and klaus, since they tend to do whatever they want even if it doesn't include telling us their plans," she remarks, almost bitterly, and kol lets out a sigh.

"i'm too sober to think about them and their moronic plans. where's that drink?"

"right here," the female bartender states, smiling at the two vampires as they take their drinks.

"thank you," kari smiles in return, sipping from her beverage while kol continues to smirk at the woman. noticing his actions, the blonde rolls her eyes and elbows him in the chest, making him hunch over in pain.

the bartender snickers at the two, eyes picking up on the subtle resemblances between the two. having remembered seeing the woman's face somewhere before, she watches the blonde warily but chooses to act causally.