RIP ENHYPEN

Warning: mention of suicide.

This is a serious chapter if you didn't realize, so for that one girl offended and crying and spamming my comment section *ahem* you're not welcome here and if you do comment, you will be ignored.

Now.

In episode 4 of Enhypen's EN-CORE around the time 10:51-10:54, Heeseung said the n-word while signing along to a song and fans have been asking BeLift Lab to take "appropriate steps to resolve the issue." That is what is commonly used. Very respectful, right? Not attacking anyone or calling Enhypen racist, we just wanted a response.

A black stan who went by the account @simsjakeeu3477756 confided in her "dear" fandom and basically said that Enhypen saved her life and that they're her escape in life, so it hurts that they said that slur. What did the fandom do in response? Antagonized her. Bullied her. Called her racist remarks.

And ultimately drove her to suicide.

She had deleted her account, but not before posting a picture of pills with the caption: I'm ready. People have been trying to locate her and this morning we just found her that she sadly passed away. Now I don't have complete evidence of this so I can't confirm everything here to be factual, but this is the general story that is being said and I first heard about it a day before she ended her life. I heard this from @jakesorange on tiktok and she heard it from @muavejungwon you can contact them for more information or ways to help.

If you want to see sources yourself dm me your tiktok and I'll tag you in them.

Whatever the case may be, we gotta spread this elsewhere and raise awareness because the amount of toxicity in kpop is beyond disgusting and it's why so many black people are leaving kpop all together. I don't understand why people antagonize others joining the fandom but also gets mad when they have little fans. Make it make sense.

Whether you're racist or not, you CANNOT deny the impact black people have on kpop altogether whether it's hip hop, or just putting kpop out on the market to people that don't listen to foreign music. Kpop wouldn't be the same without us.

People are blaming the fandom, some are blaming both the fandom and Enhypen. I think Enhypen should be held accountable IF they don't speak up about it. We're sending emails to protect@belift.kr and an email format is provided in the picture above.

Enhypen released a statement on Weverse two days ago talking about protecting the artists and emailing the email I provided and I'm not sure if this is in response to that girl (I wish I knew her real name), but if it is, that's highly fucked up because this isn't about the artists needing protection, it's the fans. That would be incredibly selfish on their part. Either way, I'm sending an email to let them know and judge them by their response. Please do your part in sharing this or emailing them about this @ protect@belift.kr

Update: People are talking about this on Weverse, Twitter, Tiktok and it seems that BigHit is doing damage control and ignoring us since they've been posting. They've posted that protection email I just told you guys, a few pictures, VLive and a dance jam in the span of two days. Being this active, they most definitely know what's going on and are keeping silent. A lot of people have also been emailing them. Do your own research and act upon it. Like I said, dm me if you want sources. 

We shouldn't just protect our idols, we should do our part in protecting the ones who choose to support them as well.

If you choose to do nothing, you're a bystander. I don't know if you notice, but "engenes" have long been toxic as hell and ultimately if they refuse to acknowledge it, their own fandom will be their greatest downfall.

#PROTECTBLACKENGENES

Update #2: KPOPJunkee (our true king) has addressed this. I'm glad he did because I was literally asking myself am I just imagining this whole thing cuz I don't see anyone talking about it outside of tiktok and some comments on Weverse. Apparently the black girl didn't end her life, but there isn't much information on that, so officially it's unclear whether or not she's alive.

Either way, this still needs to be addressed. No surprise Simp Engenes are defending Heeseung like we all love him, don't mean you have to excuse it. He clearly said, "Skrt, skrt nig-" then stopped. He said it. That's it. He stopped himself, halway, but he said it. If it wasn't in his vocabulary, why would he need to stop himself? He would've skipped it, but he knew he was being recorded and stopped. Greatly disappointed as he's my bias wrecker. Yet I will hold him accountable as a true Engene unlike you toxic ass Motors. Also those posting toxic and racist comments on Weverse... why are you putting the comments and setting it to hide it from the artists? That means ya know what y'all saying is wrong. Don't need to even go further than that.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.