how you like that (2)

Okay, I keep taking about blackpink, but just wanted to talk about the comeback.

Their outfits slayeeeeddddd and snatched my wig. Jisoo looked the best, what do you guys think?

Everything else.... nope. The choreo was something I could've come up with and I was disappointed by the song. I had high expectations since I had to wait an entire year.... and then they give us this. Don't get me wrong, if blackpink made normal and consistent comebacks, I wouldn't blink an eye (get it? I'm so funny right? No? K.)

The thing is that blackpink don't have regular comebacks and for a group that does it annually, you'd expect nothing but bops. Blackpink have no bad songs (we'll exclude collabs), but this one is my least favorite. I might like it a bit better if I listen to it more, but I'm still disappointed. The one thing that made me happy was that Rosé sang in her normal voice, which is actually a blessing.

Overall, Thebiaslist.com says it better than I ever can:

This scarce promotion might serve to build hype and the allure of elusiveness, but only if you release amazing music. How You Like That is anything but amazing. It continues along the Teddy-produced template of past hits Ddu-Du Ddu-Du and Kill This Love, yet somehow manages to be even more obnoxious.

There's no excuse for this. YG Entertainment is working with arguably the biggest girl group on the planet right now. Even after being blunted by a series of 2019 scandals, the agency has incredible resources behind them. The group has been absent for over a year. Yet, How You Like That would be laughed off the stage if performed by any act without BLACKPINK's name recognition and rabid fan base.

How You Like That stumbles and never regains its footing.

After a string of lukewarm, infrequent comebacks, their bluster feels increasingly hollow.