ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

"Alright, thanks Nicky. I'll talk to you later." Lando said while being on the phone. "See you next week in Monaco. Bye." He hung up the phone and opened the fridge. He took some food out and turned around. He jumped when he saw Iris standing on the other side of the kitchen. "Hi." She said, laughing at his reaction. "Hey," he walked over to her to give her a kiss. "Didn't expect to see you here. I thought you were going out with your friends tonight." He gave her a confused look.

"That was yesterday," she laughed. "It's Tuesday today. We don't see each other in real life for a week and you're already forgetting what day it is." Lando shrugged. "What can I say? You just have that effect on me." She shook her head with a smile. "Yet you didn't loose your cheesy lines. Good to know."

"What we're you calling Nicky for?" Iris said while sitting down on the counter. "Just fixing a problem." His vagueness worried Iris. "What problem?" She asked. "Noah." The tone in his voice was very unsure. "Oh god, what are you doing?" "Nothing yet. I just explained the situation to him." "And your goal is?" She questioned. "Hopefully get him fired." "No." She harshly said. "What's the problem with that? I thought you would also like to not have him around on race weekends."

"I don't want to ruin his whole career. Yes, thanks to him I had the worst time of my life. But that doesn't give us the right to potentially ruin his career."

"Why do you have such a big problem with that?" "I admit I would love to do that, but that isn't fair in any way." Lando sighed because he knew she was right.

"Then what are we going to do about him? I know you said we'll get through it, but we can't sit around, waiting for him to come around and annoy us again." "No, we won't. When he shows up, we just ignore him. Besides, when did he become your problem?" "Since he's yours. And I have a solution for your problem if you'd just listen to me."

"No, we're not getting him fired. We don't have the right to." She kept her point. "But why? We have an opportunity, why turn it down?" Lando suddenly became whiney. "We can get rid of him, but for some reason you don't want that." He continued. "The only way we could actually get rid of him would be killing him. I'm not planning on letting it come that far. Ever. That's it, end of discussion." She stood up to walk out of the kitchen

"We're not done yet, but we'll talk about it later I guess." He tried to make her stay but it didn't work. "Iris? Where are you going?" "Home." "Why? We were having a discussion, we will continue it another time. Why do you still want to go home?"

"Because we have different opinions and we both seem to not give up on them." "So? One disagreement and you're gone? Is that how easily you give up?"

Iris went home and left Lando behind. He didn't know why she reacted like that. He tried to find a solution for her problem but she wasn't happy about it. She left without an explanation so Lando had no idea if he needed to fix it right away, or leave her for now. He thought he knew her by now, but apparently she was still a riddle to him sometimes.

That same night he texted her.

Iris

Hey babe
I know I messed up
Can you come back, we'll talk about it?

He didn't get a response for a few hours so he tried calling her. Still nothing. When he got impatient and started to worry, he texted Gemma to see if she was alright.

Gemma Dayton

Hi, I know I pissed Iris off, but is she alright?
I just need to know if she's just ignoring me, or if something happened.

She's okay
And she isn't mad, just disappointed

Great, having disappointed her might be even worse than making her mad. But at least nothing happened to her. That was all that mattered for that night. He'd get back to her a few days later if she didn't reach out earlier. Or that was the plan until Gemma called him.

"Hey Gemma. What's going on?" "I know you're probably going crazy, but I think Iris needs some room to breathe." "But why? We just had a discussion and then she was gone. I know she can be sensitive, but I said we would talk about it later." "You should know by now that she can react a bit exaggerated." "Yeah I do know but this was worse than usual." "I'm sorry Lando, but she just needs some time." He didn't even get the time to say anything else before she hung up.

"Alright great, what do I do now?" He said to himself.