ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪

A few days passed and Gemma kept Lando up-to-date on when she thought Iris would be ready to finally talk. Lando thought it was nice of her but he'd rather just have Iris talking to him again.

It was two days before he would leave for Monaco. He was visiting his family but they kept asking about Iris. He came up with the excuse that she was sick and didn't want to bother them and that she said being away from Lando was probably better to not make him sick.

They bought it but still whined about it. "Why couldn't you just bring her along and stay away from her a bit?" Lando's mum said over dinner. "You know, I'm starting to think the only reason you wanted me to come over was to see Iris again. Do you love her more than me or something?" His sisters and brother nodded their head enthousiasticly. "No honey, we just don't see her that often." "The last time you saw me, you saw her too." He whined, he tried his best not to let them know there was something going on they didn't know about. "I get it, you like her more than you like me. It's okay. I'll get over it eventually."

"Anyway, anyone got any bold assumptions about the race?" He mainly directed his attention mainly to his mum, she had been guessing his results for the last few races. "Hmm," she put her on her chin to show she was thinking. "I think you're going to get a podium, so P3." She said.

"Anyone else?" He looked around the table. Everyone was thinking of something but they basically all agreed with Cisca. "Okay P3 it is then. It's a lot of pressure. But I'll try, not that there's moments I don't try."

After dinner Lando got a call from Gemma. That's odd, she usually just texts me. He thought.

"Hi, Gemma. What's up?" He said ,hen he picked up his phone. "Are you at home?" She didn't even greet him or anything, she went straight to the point. "No I'm at my parents' house. Why?" He was confused as to why she needed to know that. "How far away is that?" "Like two hours. Everything okay with Iris? You're scaring me." "I would leave right now, Iris says she's planning on going to your house later tonight."

"Shit." He mumbled silently so Gemma couldn't hear him. He was definately going home, but he had to find a good excuse for his parents. "Okay, thanks Gemma. I'll leave right away." As soon as the line was cut, he grabbed his stuff and shoved it all in his bag. He couldn't leave early enough at that point.

Oliver came to the door when he heard noises coming from Lando's room. He knocked and was let in. "What's going on?" He asked when he saw his little brother packing. Fuck, I don't have an excuse yet. "Uhm Iris' sister just called me. She's doing worse all of the sudden and she said she needed me there." "Oh shit man. Go home, I'll tell mum and dad." "Thanks Oli. I'll keep you updated."

Lando flew over the roads and shortened his trip with at least half an hour. He had to be there when Iris came home. He parked his car and ran inside. His shoes and coat where thrown off but neatly put in their place. He wanted to clean his house a bit more but he heard footsteps on the driveway.

He checked himself out in his phone screen and jumped on the couch. It was like it was the first time she came over, ever. He was caught off guard when the doorbell rang. She has a key, this isn't a good sign. Or is it? He was overthinking every step he made.

He opened the door and smiles grew on both their faces, just from being in each other's presence again. "Hi." Iris said. "Hi. Please come in." He made space for her by stepping away from the door. She sat down on the couch and Lando sat down next to her, but still giving her some distance.

"I feel like I owe you an explanation and an apology. My reaction was a bit, no scrap that, very exaggerated. I felt like you trying to get him fired showed you didn't have faith in our relationship. Which is totally not the case, I realised that 5 minutes after I left. And I guess it was also a bit of a reality check that my problems aren't only mine anymore, you also have to cary a bit of their weight. That made me feel trapped or something, I don't really know. It just didn't give me a nice feeling. And on top of all that I was on my period. You know I get emotional and overreact even more then." They both laughed. "I'm so so sorry."

Up until then Lando had sat in silence, not showing a lot of emotion. While in fact he was feeling all sorts of things inside of him.

"Can I say something too?" Iris nodded slowly. She had no idea what was coming now. "I'm sorry for reacting to Noah that way. I know getting him fired was a bit much. He just gets in my hair and I don't handle that well." He managed to get a little chuckle from her. The eyecontact between them was very intense.

"Are we good?" Lando asked with a hopeful look. Iris nodded and smiled. They gave each other a long hug. They had no idea how long they were hugging but they had missed each other's presence the past days. It was like all the frustrations and other emotions faded with every second of sitting there.