XII

About a month ago, I got caught stealing flowers

About a month ago, I got caught stealing flowers. Without my supply of goods I had no other options but to stop selling flowers.

My brother and I were orphans, our lives depended on that negligible flower business. It was small, yet played a big part on providing a living for the both of us.

Having to put our business on hold, we started to starve. There was no way we could earn money to buy necessities, there were days that we could not find anything to eat nor to drink.

Life was truly depressing and heart-rending...

"Jungkook p-please wake up... I brought us some food, c-come on now open you eyes..."

I was shaking in fear. My little brother was unconscious and he didn't respond at all.

"stay here while I go fetch something to eat for us okay? be a good boy."

"w-where are you going?"

"you don't have to worry about it, it won't be far, I will come back within an hour, don't be scared"

"okay.. please s..stay safe."

I pulled him in for a hug before splinting out on a food hunt.

"jungkook please.. wake up!!"
I kept patting and shaking his shoulders, breath hitched whilst sweat oozed out of my skin.

Finally, the younger opened his heavy eyelids along with a few blinks,
"j-jisoo? Jisoo you're back!"

I immediately enveloped him into my arms, griping onto him tightly.

"YOU FAINTED! I was far more than scared that you will never open your eyes again- ..just like what happened with grandma..."

I was choked in tears and sniffles, having a hard time calming down.

"Jisoo I'm okay.. take a deep breath and chill. I g-guess I was just too tired you know.." Jungkook smiled and started rubbing circles on my tensed back to comfort me.

"o-oh right, here have some water and buns,"

I realized that my brother must be starving, so I broke the hug and pulled two quaters of read buns out of my pockets. I found them in the leftover basket behind some random bakery.

We ate quietly and Jungkook took a short nap afterwards.

He was sleeping peacefully on my lap, I patted him softly and hummed a few lullabies. He had this cute bunny face which never failed to make me break a smile during the hardest times.

I have to protect my brother no matter what. It is my responsibility to keep him safe. I am the only person he could rely on and I have to stay strong for us.

That was when I was fully aware that I had to go back to robbing flowers.

Yes, risky was it, but life is a gamble to bet on. If you can't afford to to take risks, you will never be at the odds.

KIM JUNGKOOK

[a/n]jungkook is 2 years younger than Jisoo

[a/n]
jungkook is 2 years younger than Jisoo.