XX

The dazzling strokes of beams shot through the pencil-thin layer of rag-it was hung accross the rusty "window" of the shack, covering barely half of the opening

Jisoo supposed it to serve a purpose of what a curtain should do, but obviously it hadn't done much to her liking as she felt the balmy sunlight burn onto her slightly-tanned skin.

With a few turns and flips on her mattress, she eventually gave in to the sun and got up with indolent moves to start the day.

"You're off to work already? It's still early..."
Jungkook mumbled softly, accompanied by a small yawn.

"well we took an unexpected day-off yesterday, so I'll have to work extra hard today,"

Jisoo responded with lacking intonation, almost as feeling-less as a robot. She tucked the heels of her shoes in and continued, "you can sleep a little more though, I will take care of it."

"you are the best... love you.." The hazy sentence came out rather blurry as Jungkook muttered it into his greyed pillow, hsing his rapsy morning voice. Nevertheless, it didn't go unheard by the older.

She smiled at her sibling's cute antics and reciprocated the phrase, adding a "too" at the end. By that being said, she carried the basket of bouquets onto her arms before stepping out of her home to work.

 By that being said, she carried the basket of bouquets onto her arms before stepping out of her home to work

Taehyung was awaken by the
ear crackling sounds of the alarm clock. Of course, it was time for school again.

After slamming his clock off, he stayed laid on his bed instead of getting ready for the day. There, admist of a massive king-sized bed rested a stilled boy who was silently staring at the ceiling.

The scene seemed peaceful and serene, yet his mind said otherwise. Trains of thoughts about her was gushing through here and there- her cresent eyes and heart-shaped lips easily be formed when she smiles; her rosy plumped cheeks puffed up when her mouth was stuffed with cookies; her soul-calming words transmitted by a husky voice-the entire whole of her seemed to be everthing he has longed for.

goddamn it she's perfect.
and im- im... nothing...

His devastation broke free and he did not plan to cease it. He let his pessimistic negativve-self take control over his whole, allowing the devils to swallow him alive.

Or in other words, a boy is undoubtedly going to be late for school today.

🥀

Jisoo has been sitting at her flower booth for a while now, only two bouquets was sold. Looking at the half-filled basket, she sighed in dejection.

There was rather another factor contributing to her disparity, she knew exactly what the reason to her discourageness was.

She expected him to be here today-as always-but no. Not a shadow of him could be recognized.

It has been such a basis on their daily agenda, that he'd come visit her business and she'd welcome him with blooming flowers. It had become something common; as natural as the summer, as habitual as the winter breeze.

Jisoo recalled the very first time he met this customer. An exquisite fancy mask covering his face, along with a black hood on his head.

However it wasn't his quirky attire that managed to leave a strong impression on Jisoo's cabinets of memories, it was the distinctive conversations they had.

She remembered how he'd linger around the crude booth for a while after his purchase, just to listen to the girl rant about her very sorrowful life.

Don't be quick to judge though-Jisoo was not the kind to open up to anyone and start venting out every tiny bits of emotionality.

She was preferably a withdrawn individual, not an expect at being the speaker. Growing up, she was always the listener, never the speaker. She was good at words of comfort, but never the words of expressions.

However, as one may say, opening up to a stranger is far more uncomplicated than talking to a friend, as you don't expect them to spill secrets nor pop up in your life and judge you continually.

"You look disturbed. Want a company to talk to?"

"who are you?"

"do you need to know?

"not really..."

Jisoo was too fatiqued to reject, she was so preoccupied by stress, not to mention her life was all over the place. She just needed someone to acknowledge her efforts of trying to hold onto her life. And fate has given her a chance right now, to pour every discontentment out.

a little talk won't hurt, right?

"but- well I think I could use some help now though."

And that was what Jisoo did, she opened up to a stranger. Moreover, it wasn't just a one-time occasion, they continued the little habbit of one being a venter and one being the receiver everytime they meet.

Slowly, Jisoo knew, he was becoming something more than a stranger.

Is he busy? Did he decide on not to come anymore? I want to see him...

Nonetheless, a deep, calm voice interrupted Jisoo's ponderings. A voice which painted a light pink shade of flush on her cheeks, a presence which was enough to bring a smile on her face and brighten her days- if not weeks.

"hey, are there any roses today?"