1

The sky was dark, waves on the oceans roared, and the earth rumbled. The situation was chaotic and dangerous, and almost every single person alive was hiding under their tables inside the safety of their houses. Except one, a lady with beauty like no other, trudging alone in the middle of the road without fear, or emotion in her face for that matter. She looked like she was in too deep in thought that she did not aware of the situation or that she simply did not care. Why would she care? The pain in her heart was all that she could feel. She simply gave up on life. Curse her fatal flaw, for if it was others than loyalty, she would not feel that much pain, or at least she could just walk away less guilty. She was betrayed but still could feel guilty for leaving the others behind. Seriously, jokes on her.

It was still early afternoon but all she could feel was cold. No sun, almost like Apollo decided that it was the day to sleep in, or maybe he decided to mourn her? But who was she kidding? The Gods were all hated her, including her own father, for things she did not even know. Why would they suddenly hate her? The questions ran through her mind every time she looked around and met with glares, but no one could give her answers for no one wanted to associate with her no more.

She was left all alone. No oceans and beaches to give her comfort, no sun to warm her from the coldness the wounds left her, and even no thunder for even to blast her to Elysium. Elysium, she hoped that when she died, she went there for she believed that her mother was there. Her mother died protecting her from her stepfather. The memories were all still vivid inside her mind, the stickiness of her mother's blood, the warmness of her mother's hands against her wet cheeks, the softness of her mother's lips against her temple.

She stopped walking. Tears wetted her cheeks but she could care less. In front of her were several people dressed funny like they were on their way to Halloween parties. One held a shield, one in a metal suit, one in a black bodysuit and held guns, one held a bow and arrows, and one is a green giant? She did not know what to do? Gave them candies or just walked away and pretended that the weird people were not just appeared in front of her acting funny? She, already had enough of this life, shrugged and turned away. That was until a voice stopped her.

"Halt!" A deep and smooth voice, that was nice to hear. She stopped walking but did not turn around. She knew now that it was not a coincidence that they appeared in front of her. They had a problem with her, but did she care? No. She waited, she did not talk, just standing there quietly. "Who are you?"

She almost wanted to laugh. Did mortals nowadays so freaky? She was walking in the middle of the road minding her own business, then suddenly they jumped in front of her stopping her and asking who was she? What the Hades did they think? Were they even sane? Let's be honest, no sane people would stop a stranger minding their own business and had the audacity to ask them who were they. Like, what?

She turned around and sighed a deep heavy sigh. Did they seriously just expect her to answer the question? Boy, they were so wrong. She decided that it was them who messed with her in the first place, so she could punish them without guilt. She smirked, not the sweet happy smirk which she usually wore, but the dark and evil one. The strangers visibly flinched, fueling the darkness inside her heart. Persephone Jackson, Heroine of the Olympus, my ass. Let's have fun and be a villainess instead. Make them submit with fear so that nobody could dare betray her. So, she did what scared her before. She raised her hand and focused it on the blood of the strangers, before flicking her finger, boiling their blood.

Screams of pain were heard throughout the neighborhood. Guilt, she felt it. She was turning bit by bit to a monster she hated and killed. Annabeth was scared of her when she used it once. How could she decide to do it again? Because they betrayed her? Because they left her alone? Or because she actually loved the thrill and excitement it gave her? She shook her head before releasing the power. She watched as one by one, they slumped down. The pain was the only emotion that shone on their faces.

"I'm sorry." She whispered before mist teleporting to one of the several places she hated, her old apartment.